PDA

View Full Version : if you ever fish pickwick, wilson, or the bear creek lakes..

David Waters
02-11-2005, 01:06 PM
my name is David Waters and am new to the board. Plan on fishing some crappieusa tournaments this year for the first time and will be asking for a lot of advice, I am sure. Also, I will ask a lot of questions about some lakes.

If any of you are planning a trip to Pickwick, Wilson. or BCDA lakes, (Little bear, upper bear, Cedar, or even big bear) just ask. These are my home lakes and will help. I do some guiding on the side.

David Waters

CrappiePappy
02-11-2005, 02:07 PM
check out the entire site ... you'll find lots of good info, tips and tricks. Lots of good folks here ... luck2ya ....cp :cool:

whizkids
02-11-2005, 02:43 PM
Welcome: If you are new to the site check the articles. I am sure you have checked the prior year tournament results and library on the CUSA site they can be of benifit also.

David Waters
02-11-2005, 03:59 PM
I printed out at least 6 or 7 articles from past tournaments about grenada lake, my first tournament. Gave some good information. Going to practice at this weekend for the first time. Graysport and Turkey creek are spots I am going to hit and try to learn alot about.

Thanks,
D Waters

olelucky
02-11-2005, 05:59 PM
David where is Turkey Creek you mentioned? There is a Turkey Creek outside of Decatur MS where I live, just wondering if it is the same.

David Waters
02-13-2005, 04:58 PM
well, those places I mentioned are areas of Grenada Lake. Other lakes I want to fish in Miss are Sardis, Enid, Arkabutla, and Tunica cutoff.

By the way, I fished Grenada for the first time Saturday. Man, was it a nasty day. Windy, cold, and eventually wet. Caught only 2 fish, but man, what nice crappie. Both were 14-15 inches long. I bet these fish had to be close to 2 pounds, while the fish I usually catch out of the TN river would be a pound and a half at 14". A cold front blew through and didn't catch another fish. Caught the first two in the first 10 minutes.

olelucky
02-13-2005, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the info just wondering!