Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: what time of year for gator nookie?

Post Thanks / Like

Default what time of year for gator nookie?

Post Thanks / Like

I would have said right away, just after one of the national championship games, I might have been wrong!! Yikes
    What makes a better lightning rod than a graphite fishing rod? NOTHING!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
    Originally Posted by willsjwills
    Me and my buddy was fishing at nite on Aberdeen Pool a week ago when we heard this strange noise from across the river. Since there is a large slough on that side, I assumed it was a gator either making whoopie or either giving someone a warning. Wasn't the usual bellow or growl. More like long grunts with teeth clicking.

I would have thought the gators had already nested by now and were back to their old routines. Any ideas what was happening?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

willsjwills.......the usual for grunting and teeth snapping is to warn another 'gator from his or her stakeout. From the female it's to warn others away from her nest. Sometimes it results in a fracus from either sex.

Andrus Cove, La. (between Lake Arthur & Jennings)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hope this isn't too forward

This came from a study of alligators in Rockefeller Refuge.

Courtship activities generally began in early April and progressively intensified until early June. From late May through the first week of June courtship and copulation were intense, the females ovulated, and the high point of spermatogenesis occurred.
    Warren
    The postings on this site by me, Marshrat, are opinion only unless specified as truth. I will not be held responsible for anyone using my opinions as an aliby to keep from getting in trouble with the law.:D

Post Thanks / Like

thanks, Bill. Been around a lot of gators, but have never taken their habits seriously. They're getting pretty common up here, for some reason. Not as many as you see in La., but they can turn up in some of the darndest places, sometimes.

thanks, Warren