Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Best micro spinning reel?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best micro spinning reel?

Any opinions on the nicest micro spinning reel available? I am in the market for a new one...

Post Thanks / Like

I favor bigger reels, but here are my choices:

#1 Daiwa SS 700
    #2 Shimano Symetre 750

Both go for $80 and are well worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quantum Energy PTi Spinning Reel - $149.95
    Quantum pulled out all the stops when they built the Energy Pti reels. We all know everything can be improved, and with reels we all know what we'd like to see improved; lighter weights, smoother operation, smoother drags, and longer life. Quantum put it all into these Energy Pti reels. The one-piece ThinLine aluminum body and side plates provide maximum strength with minimum weight to keep all the moving parts lined up perfectly for smooth performance and long life. The magnum multi-stack drag system incorporates space-age over-sized ceramic washers, giving more drag surface for smoother performance and greater heat dissipation. The Performance Tuned stainless steel bearings are special high-speed units that feature a proprietary polymer/stainless construction that reduces friction and noise over standard bearings. One feature that is sure to be a trend-setter is the exclusive Performance Tuned TiMAG bail system. The bail is constructed from a nickel-titanium alloy that will never bend out of shape and offers a magnetic bail trip so there is no spring to get weak or break. Put all these features together and you have a real break-through in spinning reel technology. And, it all comes with an attractive hi-temp titanium deposition coating that gives the ‘rainbow effect'. With three sizes to choose from there is a Quantum Energy Pti reel for you.

Side A

Front

Side B

Product Name Retrieve Gear
    Ratio Weight Price In
    Stock Qty
    Quantum Energy PTi Spinning Reel E10PTi Right/Left 5.33:1 8.6 149.95

crappiekid24 is offline Moderator Ice Fishing Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

TICA CETUS! Hands down is one of the best micro spinning reels! I use this for my UL stuff and it works awsome! Casts well, smooth reeling in, smooth drag. I even used it for ice fishing and was the best reel I have used on the ice. Oh to make things better retails about $35!

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That Shimano Symetre 750 is a fine little reel.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va