Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smithville anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville anyone?

I figured I would start a new thread to see if any of you guys have been fishing the lake on Smithville lately? With the high winds and lack of success 2 weeks ago, I didn't get on the water this week at all. I can't believe that letting water out has that much of an impact on the crappie bite but after not catching hardly any fish 2 weeks ago, I am a believer now.

Is the water level back to normal yet?
    When in doubt, set the hook.

Post Thanks / Like

almost there,think it has another foot to go.
    Falling water,turbidity,cold fronts,pressure...it all pays a part in it.
    Crappie may not be biting,but cats are,walleye and white bass getting into a pattern,trash fish at the spillway...just gotta take advantage of whats happening.

Post Thanks / Like

They have cut the outflow down to 1000 cfs as of 7am. According to the corp they will cut that back to 500 cfs either this afternoon or saturday morning and leave the lake 1 or 2 feet high going into the holiday weekend. As for the Crappie, they are scattered out all over the place. Went this morning and caught fish in a foot of water out to about 8 feet on trees. Lots of short fish, one of these days they will all grow!! Got ahold of about a 4-5 lbs channel cat this am on a 12 foot dippin rod, that was fun! There for awhile I wasn't sure who had who!
    Don't take life so seriously, no one lives through it anyhow!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ya know I have never been to smithville. is there any free boat ramps, cause I can't see paying that much to launch a boat. Then again with gas prices it is starting to look better.

Post Thanks / Like

There's one free ramp... Just south of Plattesburg. Cook gives the best directions 'cause he lives up there.

Post Thanks / Like

Flatheads wanted to play today,lost a 40# after about a 10 minute fight.Down to 500 cfs.

Post Thanks / Like

You weighed it and THEN it got away? Musta jumped off the scale
    Seriously, 10 min with a bruiser like that would be a real brawl. Closest I've come to a fish that big was in Cabela's aquarium! Were you at the bridge by the ramp?

Post Thanks / Like

Since I didn't land it,it can be as big as I want:D :D :D

Did land a 23/18/and a 10 at the dam.

Post Thanks / Like

I remembered what you said about the dam being better when the discharge was less than 1000cfs. When I saw they had slowed the release, I thought you might be there.

Post Thanks / Like

I went to smithville last night caught 15 or 20, they were all 8 to 8 3/4 inches. The storm came in and I thought we were up that "one" creek. But, It didn't last that long. I think I am going to try the cats for a while the crappie are not wanting to hit.
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast