Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Humminbird, Garmin, Lowrance----BAH

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Humminbird, Garmin, Lowrance----BAH

Went to Watts Bar Tuesday afternoon, Wednesday & Thursday morning...In my opinion the crappie have finished spawning..Found them deep...Brought home 109 with none under 12" & the largest being 15 1/2"..I know a lot of you folks like the "high tec" electronics but all fishermen can't afford the new stuff..For me, my fishfinder is tied to the end of my 4 lb line...It's called a jig...If I want to take pictures I take our granddaughter to the Zoo..

$3000.00 laptop, $2000.00 Humminbird, $800.00 Garmin GPS::::

1/32oz jig with Panfish Assissin---Priceless !!!!!!!

This post made especially for CanePole, IBNFSHN, Jerry Blake, Walkin' Small, Richard Williams, Panman & Shiloh Red.....
    Last edited by Don G; 05-25-2007 at 06:20 AM.
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Hehehe . . .

You're the man Don! I wanna fish with you!
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice catching Don. But you know you are missing a very important part of life. Its called frustration. Fishing your way, you go out and if you don't catch anything you just go home and say "well they wasn't biting today". And that is the end of it. Now with electronics, you go out and find them on your depth finder after locating all those brush piles with your GPS and sit there wondering why you can't catch them. Now frustration sets in and you begin to making adjustments to all that equipment because you figure its not set up right. Then the electronics start doing weird things because you changed something you shouldn't have and can't remember what. You can't set it back to default because you left that 400 page manual at home. So you go home totally frustrated and holler and scream at Doris because she let you buy all that stuff in the first place. You stay frustrated for several days and then decide you need better equipment. Now you get to start all over. See what you are missing. Doing it our way you get to spend the rest of your life totally frustrated. Good Grief! I think I have Horseshoeritis.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Man that is great. But I see you were there fishing 8 days... Yes 8 days.

109 fish divided by your limit per day. At 15 per person per day comes to 7.29 days or some where like that.
    Also Possession limit I think in Tn is 2 limits? You were on Watts Bar in Tn?

Love to see people that can catch fish. But....... You go to a lake you have not been on. Have no ideal about. And then the Nice depth finder will sure out beat the OLD sinker bouncing around. That is unless you have 6 months to fish. And then I can still cover more water and know what is there in a few hours than you can in a few months.

Bet it was fun catching the nice fish though.. Way to go..

Pete

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Ha Ha

Laptop is just an extension of my personality. Kinda. I have memory problems, so I use the laptop for memory stimuli. I had to delete all the pass words. Pass words are, well, I can’t remember. I have my entire “how to” manuals for all the gadgets stowed in special “folders” somewhere in memory in the laptop. They are handy when I remember where I put them. Sometimes I discover them by accident. Loosing folders is worse than loosing manuals. You eventually give up on finding the paper manuals.

I can find anything on the lake. Heck, I can find any fish on the lake. I just can’t catch them. Ain’t my job. That’s Honey’s job. I have become my wife’s personal and “expensive” fishing guide.

Unlike you, I don’t even need a pole and jig to catch fish. I got an automatic catcher named “Honey”.

With this new Minn Kota Autopilot/Copilot, I get to play more Super Mario games while the copilot takes Honey to the fishes. Ain’t technology grand!:D

Unlike Bill, I don’t get frustrated at my gadgets; I get frustrated when I can’t find the red Folgers can. I’m pretty good (accurate) with the Big Red Folgers Can. I also get aggravated when the Big Red beckons me, and I am in the middle of a good Mario run.

Did I mention I have memory problems? This is my story and I am sticking to it.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats good Tom. Maybe you need a 4x5 card file to keep track of the folders in the laptop. LOL
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Don's a big show off. I bet Blackie caught most of those fish...

The reason Doris doesn't know about all the stuff that Don has is because the last time we were at Bass Pro Shop, he had me putting all the stuff he wanted in my cart and he sent me a check afterwards...

Way to go Don and tell Blackie that Betty would like a Tuna salad sandwich...

Gerald K4NHN
    Cayce, SC
    Gerald K4NHN
    Cayce, SC

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bah

I liked Tom's story the best, he don't claim to be a fish catcher, he be the
    navigator and electronics man, when he remembers. He also be funniest of all when he remembers to be funny. :D

srm