Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekend plans are in the toilet,

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Weekend plans are in the toilet,

literally and figuratively. Seems like the septic tank has had enough and is talking back! Take a shower and the toilet bubbles. Flush the toilet and it just swirls. The fella came today with the "ka-ka sucker" only to find out that there's no access and the whole septic tank top has to be removed, so he'll be coming back on Saturday with a backhoe. He also figures that the willow trees in our yard have invaded the field lines too. So much for our Reelfoot plans. Can't wait to find out how much $$ this is gonna cost.

The good news -- we're still alive and well in the land of the free, so I'm only complaining just a little bit (until I pass out when he gives us the bill)

I hope all of you that get to fish this weekend have a great time!
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Lord do I feel your pain.

We had a concrete slab poured a couple years ago, to add to vehicle storage area.
    When the time came for the septic tank to need pumping, we had an access.
    Guess where?

Uh huh... UNDER the freakin' concrete!

The guy was pretty good and only cut about 2' square out of it. We felt lucky.

The fish will be there for ya when you get the gotta do's done.
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Used RID-EX..Keeps them KA-KA suckers away..

Sorry to hear that.

I am good KA-KA shooter, but ain't qualified as a KA-KA pumper.

Need me, call.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Hate to hear of your plight. I was trying to figure out what I was going to do tomm. Thought about it for a few minutes. I mean I fished on Wed., Thurs., ah...why not Fri. and Sat. LOL!

Went to Gibson County Lake today and boy oh boy. I heard it was low but that was ridiculous. Wouldn't have been as bad if the wind hadn't been blowing a gail. Water so low I couldnt use the big motor to get on the trailer and couldn't put the trolling motor all the way in the water and the wind is trying to beach my boat like a big whale. I finally got it but it was funny looking, I know.

Hope to see you guys soon!
    The CH...

Post Thanks / Like

Did you have the line from the house rotorooted to be sure it ain't just plugged up?? Anyway, if it is your field line, it ain't cheap. Wish you luck.
    Brian

Will fish for food!

Post Thanks / Like

On the more modern concrete tanks, there is a baffle on the inlet and outlet. Over each of these is a plug which allows you to give it a plunge. Often the inlet baffle gets plugged from kitchen greases. While the man is working on your tank, I'd advise you to have him bring a 6" pipe up to grade on both baffles. Next time you have a problem it's much easier to give it a plunge in case it's just a grease problem. By the way, any kind of tree or plant spreading roots atound your septic or sewer lines is bad news.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about you trouble. We actually need the KA KA pumper too, but thankfully we have access and know where it is. I do hate this KA KA Stuff!

We have been fighting this ting for years as I guess the people we bought from didn't know about Rid-X, but we use it routinely.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Septic Tank

Now Is The Only Time A Flush Beats A Full House!monkscrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry to hear your toubles, in our house it was usually thanksgiving or Xmas when we had those problems. My father got so fed up with it he put a well casing on the access. Willow trees are famous for doing that, we got one for firewood, and could not use it, smelled well you get the idea.
    good luck!
    What makes a better lightning rod than a graphite fishing rod? NOTHING!

Post Thanks / Like

Here are a couple suggestions that may save you about 15 grand for a new septic system. I have had to deal with willow trees and old septic tanks on my parents property. If one small root 1/6 the size of you pinky finger finds its way into your septic tank it can grow a pad of roots that will cover over the entire surface of the contents of your septic tank. They can also grow up into the pipe coming from the house and plug it up.

This a seriously gross job, but it can save you a bundle. If your septic cover is buried, dig the cover dirt off and open the top of your tank. Have some strong backs handy. Those old covers can weight a lot. You will probably see a solid mat of roots there. You can chop and dig them out until all that is left is sewage. If the roots have grown a plug into the house drain here is what I did when that happened to us. I used a 8 foot section of 1 inch pvc. I drilled a hole through it about an inch from the end and put a 3 inch headless threaded bolt through it and fastened it there with nuts on both sides so you have a 3 inch T at the end of the pvc. Use this tool to grab and pull the roots out of the pipe from the house drain until the backed up sewage rushes out, and do the exit drain if need be. If you get this far and the septic tank is not damaged then you have recovered your current septic tank, and it should work fine again. Chop away and kill the roots around your tank, and make sure there are no gaps under the cover for roots to get inside when you replace the cover.. Also, buy some septic enzymes and treat your septic tank a couple times a year.

One suggestion if your family uses wet wipes. They are not biodegradable and will plug up a septic, so inform everyone that they don't go in the toilet.

I hope this helps. Its a nasty difficult job, but its better than shelling out 15k to a septic guy.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast