Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats with crappie?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Whats with crappie?

I joined this sight to talk about fish. I didn't realize it was mostly crappie talk. Whats the hype all about? Are these fish edible, hard to catch, mainly found down south? I fish North for stripers, bass, trout, etc. I would like to learn more about this crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

north of where?

Post Thanks / Like

I both love and hate crappie. Just when you think you have an idea on how to catch them................they spit in your face...lol

They eat when they want and change depth when ever. Its like the weatherman, you can just guess and hope what the weather will be.

They are the finickiest fish I have ever fished for and because of that they are my greatest challange.

D
    My Wife Fillets The Fish! I am a fortunate man.

Post Thanks / Like

The site is named Crappie.com.......

Quote Originally Posted by Wallmountbass
    I didn't realize it was mostly crappie talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Regardless

I joined this sight to talk about fish. I didn't realize it was mostly crappie talk. Whats the hype all about? Are these fish edible, hard to catch, mainly found down south? I fish North for stripers, bass, trout, etc. I would like to learn more about this crappie.
    It does not matter how you found this forum, or what you fish for. The important thing is that you stumbled onto the greatest group of fishermen/women in the world who are all after one of the best eating fish God has placed in our waters. There is not one person here that will not try to help you fill you livewell full. Keep reading, keep asking questions. And welcome to the board!
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with crappie reaper welcome to the site and any help you need catching crappie ask we all will answer,again welcome to crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

how true, how true, the bulk talk is about crappie fishing, but it's all about fishing, bottom line. There are a few topics down in the forum for target other fishies. But, ask any question and set back and enjoy the answers. We are all here to help and it's great to get the wide range of north, south, east and western U.S. answers along with a few of our canadian friends too. :D

The crappie is a special fish, great tasting, easy and hard to find, awesome UL fishing, creative ways to make structure for our little fishy friend, and if your not careful with this fish, the hook comes out or pulls through it's lip and away it swim for another day.

Welcome and when you get your 1st crappie of the season, don't forget to let us know and hopefully you can get a picture of your catch.
    Tap!, Fish On!
    99.9% C&R fisherman
    NAFC Life Member & field tester
    Take a child fishing today, for smiles that last a lifetime.

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

It is more laid back than Bass fishing. Crappie are one of the best eating freshwater fish and quite numerous. They can in fact become over populated if not fished as they are very prolific breeders. So feel free to catch and eat. Also it does'nt take a 40,000 dollar Bass boat and a fortune in tackle. You can be sucessful with no more than a cane pole and a jig or bucket oh minnows.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, they are most delicious, finiky, or not, a blast on UL, flyrod, or cane poles. this is the best bunch of people I have found. If they don't have an answer they will make one up... KIDDING. Hang around and you'll learn lots more than crappie stuff.
    Welcome
    What makes a better lightning rod than a graphite fishing rod? NOTHING!

Post Thanks / Like

The crappie is a special fish, great tasting, easy and hard to find, awesome UL fishing, creative ways to make structure for our little fishy friend, and if your not careful with this fish, the hook comes out or pulls through it's lip and away it swim for another day.
    could be why some call them paper mouth.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast