Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Feeding Minnows.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Feeding Minnows.

I have recently found a pond near my house that has a boat load of minnows.(no pun intended) So decided to trap about 800 of them and relocate them to a more secure location. I now basically have my own livewell in a couple different locations. And an endless supply of bait. Does anyone know what I can feed these guys besides bread. I can imagine there would be a variety of things. I just don't know whats the best.

Post Thanks / Like

Gold fish food cheap as you can buy.
    Jig & Ellie are my green headed corn grinder finders.

R.I.P Jig dog

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, try to find fish food in bulk as cheap as you can get it(and as small).
    My cousin had several that they kept after going crappie fishing with us, and they kept several in a small aquarium feeding them gold fish food for 3 or 4 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Does dog food really work?

Post Thanks / Like

Not that I'm going to be feeding any, but how would you know how much to feed that many minnows?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wallmountbass
    Does dog food really work?
    Fish have been known to eat dog food but it also has been known to cause some health problems so I wouldn't feed any of my fish dog food.

Post Thanks / Like

Contact local feed store and you may have to call around to different ones and ask for fish meal in 50 lb. bags. Catfish food pellets will work too. Use floating pellets because you can see them eating food to make sure they are eating what you put in. On the amount to use just enough to see the fish eat all of it in a few minutes (on the pellets it will take time they have to nibble at pellets to swallow), becuase you can delete the oxygen content in water if you over feed and also waste fish food. Crackers work too. It may take several days to train fish to fish food because they probaly never seen it before.

TT

Hardyville Hart Co, Ky,45min fromNolin, 50 min. Green 55 min. Barren 75 min Dale!
    Post Thanks / Like

If you put them in a pond dont feed them anything,I have 4 ponds stocked incase something happens to one,they raise 3 times a year!
    Rowdy
    Remember This Beautiful World is
    ''Only Temperary Housing''!

Rowdy