Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sinclair on Saturday

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sinclair on Saturday

Well, I reckon I am gonna give Sinclair a go on Saturday morning. I am not going with my regular fishing partner, but I am going to take my sister-in-law's fiancee. I don't believe he has ever caught a fish, so hopefully we can put him in the mix on Saturday....I will let you know what we do!!!
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Hey GaBoy, I was thinking about going there on Sat. I read some good articles about it in the Ga sportsman. Hey that will be a good time for you to teach me some of your trolling tricks . I have to put out some more bamboo condos before I go, I may do that tomorrow. If you don't mind any company I would be glad to troll along side the Slab Daddy
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

Not a problem at all....I will be at Twin Bridges most likely somewhere between 6:45 and 7:00am on Saturday if everything goes according to plan.......
    ><)))*>

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck guys. I hope you load the boat. Nice to see you taking a beginner GB.
    Are you going to Prefish west point if so I would like to meet ya. You seem like a good guy.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

I hope we load the boat too.....not too sure considering all the fishing reports I have been seeing....not all that promising, but we won't know unless we give it a go!!! I always love to take someone for the first time and hope they enjoy it....

We hope to be pre-fishing West Point sometime in the near future....I will be certain to let you know what day that is, I would like to meet you as well!!!!

We will let you know how we do!!!

Thanks - GB
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone else fish Sinclair On Saturday???

Well I can say that our trip to Sinlcair was a huge disappointment....we caught 2 fish all day long and one of them looked like it could have been bait for the other one it was so small.

We fished up around Optimist Island down to Haslams, and then went back into Nancy Cove...trying to find them at all different depths.....but, they had my number on Saturday......

And not only did we not catch them.....but, I was COMPLETELY amazed that they were not even on the fish finder at all....my screen was blank almost the entire time.......and that was the same exact place my friend and I went a few weeks ago and caught about 20 or so......

The water temp has not changed much.....it was about 46 so I figured they would be deep down in deep water (25 ft deep or so supsended somewhere between 10 - 15ft) and I didn't have ANY LUCK....

Just wanted to see if anyone else did any good at Sinclair....
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Gaboy can't believe you didn't tear em up. I couldn't make that trip on Sat so we fished the hill, caught some good fish very shallow. Hard to believe they moved in already, it's going to be a great spawn this year.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know about you guys...but after reading GAboys report and then Drill Instructors, Gaboy....you think those crappie ya'll couldn't find on the fish finder were in shallow? Hills further north than Sinclair...so if they were moving shallow in Hill....then you would think Sinclair too right? I know the water temps are the key, but just a thought.

Post Thanks / Like

I will tell you what I tried every single depth from 10ft up to 30ft and didn't even see them on the fish finder.....

You might be right, maybe they moved in shallower, but with a temp of 46, I am not so sure about that one....but, stranger things have certainly happened......I guess I will try to start off shallower next time and work my way out.....of just say heck with Sinclair and go to old faithful Oconee.....

I was just completely shocked I didn't even mark any on the fish finder....that is the part that is still blowing me away!!!!

Plus, the water was about as muddy as you can possibly imagine too......
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah at 46 I don't really believe they would have been in less than 10 either. I read in a crappie article somewhere that in cold, muddy water, they will hold very tight to cover. Would your finder pick them up if they are tight on cover?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast