Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: slip corkin a jig

Post Thanks / Like

Default slip corkin a jig

Tell me the little tricks about slip corkin a jig. I got some general ideas like setting the cork light so if it just stands up right setting the hook and its pretty windy so i think the waves should be enough action in itself. Ive been catching them about 15 to 20ft deep in 20 to 25 ft of water bouncing jigs off the bottom real slow so i thought i might put out a jig on a slip bobber and see if it does any good while im casting. I dont wanna go into this thing blind though so if ya got any little tricks that would help out im all ears.
    Its all about how ya wiggle it!

Post Thanks / Like

It is the only way I fish for controlled depth of jigging.

Here is the order from the pole down:
    1) Slip knot
    2) Bead
    3) Bobber (I use the 6.5 stick in light weather and waves and a heaver bobber in rough waves)
    4) 1st split shot (1/32)
    5) 2nd split shot (1/4) and it is positioned 18-inches below the 1/32.
    6) Swivel
    7) 2-foot leader (I use 8 pound leader that attaches to my power pro line by way of a swivel. That way if you snag all you lose is your jig and not the bobber.
    8) Jig (1/32)

D
    My Wife Fillets The Fish! I am a fortunate man.

Post Thanks / Like

why 2 split shots so far apart?

Post Thanks / Like

Default agree

Agree with Big D split shots apart distrubes the weight better i think and it does work,jig are cheap bobbers getting expensive

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigD
    It is the only way I fish for controlled depth of jigging.

Here is the order from the pole down:
    1) Slip knot
    2) Bead
    3) Bobber (I use the 6.5 stick in light weather and waves and a heaver bobber in rough waves)
    4) 1st split shot (1/32)
    5) 2nd split shot (1/4) and it is positioned 18-inches below the 1/32.
    6) Swivel
    7) 2-foot leader (I use 8 pound leader that attaches to my power pro line by way of a swivel. That way if you snag all you lose is your jig and not the bobber.
    8) Jig (1/32)

D

Nice post... I've been thinking about trying a slip bobber, and this should get me started.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by taylmatr
    why 2 split shots so far apart?
    When you cast, it will ensure a javelin (spear like motion) and keep your jig in front of your bobber. When cast correctly the jig and ¼ weight should remain forefront followed by the 1/32 and bobber.
    It also distributes drag (line drag) when waves pull the bobber in a forward motion.

D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joejv4
    Nice post... I've been thinking about trying a slip bobber, and this should get me started.

Joe
    You will love it Joe. With the right bobber you will see the slightest bump and catch more fish.

D

Post Thanks / Like

Tell me the little tricks about slip corkin a jig. I got some general ideas like setting the cork light so if it just stands up right setting the hook and its pretty windy so i think the waves should be enough action in itself. Ive been catching them about 15 to 20ft deep in 20 to 25 ft of water bouncing jigs off the bottom real slow so i thought i might put out a jig on a slip bobber and see if it does any good while im casting. I dont wanna go into this thing blind though so if ya got any little tricks that would help out im all ears.
    What state are you fishing in? Interesting that you're fishing that deep in May.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Tell me the little tricks about slip corkin a jig.
    Start with a good float like a Thill waggler. They show bites you won't see on standard bobbers.

Post Thanks / Like

Oologah lake, oklahoma. Went out this morning to try it out but couldnt keep the sandies off long enough. Ended up taking home 2 limits of sandies and gave 3 crappie away to a older couple on the bank. He was slip corkin and caught 2 small ones but he educated me on the subject and im gonna have to go give it a try for sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast