Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Stockton......a litte help please!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stockton......a litte help please!

Being new to the Spfd.area, I know nothing about the area lakes. I have fished Pomme several time with mixed success and would now like to take a shot at Stockton. After studying a lake map I am thinking of trying the area between Highpoint and the Aldrich boat ramp. One reason I chose this area was because it looks like it can be fished in any kind of wind(heard this lake can get real rough). This is a important to me since I don`t have a big ol boat.

Anyone have any thoughts, tips, suggestions or whatever on getting started in this part of the lake? Or any other areas that might be a better place to start. I am not looking for anyones special spots, just general info(unless you just insist.lol)

Thanks, RB

Post Thanks / Like

Well Ranger Bob Darrell and I fish the wall in the cold mounths,and state park marina area both sides. also Cedar Ridge is good watch out for the down power line stay away from that area. aldrich is ok a little crowded some times I fish turnback/big sac in the summer and the cold cold mounths I try stockton for the spawn but It hardly ever works out late june till jan is good for me. High Point and Hawker point are also good, so good luck and go get em.
    beagle man

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Beagle Man, you are always quick to respond with good info. I will let you know if I have any luck, hope to try it one afternoon this week and maybe over the weekend if the weather cooporates.

Also, if you were going to fish this week, what techniques and baits would you use?

RB
    Last edited by Rangerbob; 05-22-2007 at 08:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I would use blue/green in the dingy water yellow/white white silver in the clear water the way I fish is slow troll with the elec. motor fish the mouth of coves first, then the sticks and trees in the coves and if that dont work bridge piers and bluffs. slow troll the bluffs I try to stay 1mph or so fish 12 to 16ft down or just above the fish on the depth finder sons creek is good this time of year but I like turn back better C C area greenfield access. their are some good brush piles in the cove at Roark Bluff camp ground on both points. 15ft. water good luck

. beagle man