Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: deadbeats

Post Thanks / Like

Default deadbeats

Is it so hard to post when and where in Ohio where we catch fish,fishing conditions,pictures,and bait used? This OHIO site is pathetic.Either that or everyone in Ohio quit fishing.C'mon guy and gal anglers whats up and where.This OHIO site has been a big fat zero for information.

Post Thanks / Like

Acton lake is good now, minnows in 3 to 4 feet of water, park by the archery range and walk down the path. there is a big tree in the water fish right there, you will catch some fish!
    JESUS CHRIST AND AMERICAN G.I.'s ARE THE ONLY TWO DEFINING FORCES THAT
    EVER COULD OR DID DIE FOR YOU. ONE DIED FOR YOUR SOUL; AND THE OTHER
    FOR YOUR FREEDOM

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Fry daddy, be nice if you told us where you're not catching fish too. We'd appreciate your reports too you know. Give some, get some.

Post Thanks / Like

I know sometimes the reports come slow but like Chaunc said you did not report anything good or bad either. We all would like to see more reoprting, especially the eastern side of the state. So I will tell you that the bite is still on here in the east central part of the buckeye. Depending on the current weather front they can be found from 2 ft to 10 ft of water. They are still hanging on the brush pretty tight but will start to move out before long.
    Tim
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member

Post Thanks / Like

are you guys still seeing eggs in the fish? I am here the crazy weather we had i guess.
    FOR YOUR FREEDOM

Post Thanks / Like

Default more like it

To those of you who replied,pro and con,thank you.At least it shows there are some people out there that care.I was hospitalized twice in april,so april was a total washout for me.I am just now getting back on my feet and able to fish a few days a week.My whole point was to stir up any info for the Ohio site.I mainly fish Caesars Creek.I went once last week and caught many crappie 7 to 8 inches,and a few 9 and over,barely.They were hugging downed trees,stickups,and shallow brush piles.They were tearing up a 1/32 oz. tube jig chartreuse and metal flake.I tie 2 jigs about 8 inches apart, about 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 feet down under a bobber and that seemed to do the trick.Just reel real slow and give a slight twitch now and then.Bingo!
    If i stepped on any toes or bruised any egos,i appologize.My point was to stir up some interest in the Ohio section.I've had another setback in the health department(minor)but i'm going to try to go anyway.Thanks again for the replys pro and con.FRYDADDY

Post Thanks / Like

I'm headed to Caesar's on Saturday for crappie and Cowan the following weekend for a charity event. Got a tournament in a few weeks on Caesars--expect it to be a thankless task. Fished Delaware last Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Bite was shallow Thursday, went to 7-15' feet by Saturday after the front (you could still catch dinks shallow--just no point to it).

The charity event is fun--runs Sat & Sun--as we take out folks in our boats who ordinarily wouldn't get to go. Disabled, elderly, etc. Good people who don't care about the size of the fish. Musta caught 200 fish last year, almost all of them under 6" long! Feels funny running a 225 on Cowan though--and no, we don't go over idle!

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't fished Caesars in a while. used to do pretty good! lot of Mr. Whiskers while crappie fishing
    FOR YOUR FREEDOM

Post Thanks / Like

I usually struggle on Caesars. East Fork is my home lake. Last time I was there was in September and had to fish deep brush piles to get bit. Hope it's better this year.

Post Thanks / Like

havent been to East Fork may have to take a drive
    FOR YOUR FREEDOM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast