Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Blackshear Info

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Blackshear Info

I am just starting out fishing Lake Blackshear and was wandering if anyone could give a few pointers about good places to crappie fish as well as bass fishing. Any pointers are greatly appreciated.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the boards. You will learn from the members on this board. Papasage fishes your lake each week I am sure he will respond. Checkout the other thread on blackshear they speak of the tressle and 280 bridge.
    The best advice I can give, even though I have never fished Blackshear, is to make your own hotspots. You will find all the elements that make a good habitat for crappie on these pages. The main forum is great for this. I have built structure for crappie the last 25 years. Check out Jerry Blakes Building Bamboo Crappie Condos in the articles section of the site. http://www.crappie.com/condo/

This is the best and fastest producing thing I have ever used. If you drop it in the right spot,and I have yet to find a wrong spot, you will catch fish on it in 2-3 days and it will really produce well in a few weeks. If you fish very much you should make your own honey holes. It takes a while for the other fishermen to find them also. I started about a month ago or so and I have caught Crappie, bream, catfish,spotted bassstriped Bass, Hybrid Bass, and white bass on mine all on jigs or minnows. plus a few yellow perch. They work.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.gon.com/try this site on the fishing report . rusty parker give a report on blacksher every month. it is what they did when he fished but is helps in the futuar .
    i fish blacksher a lot and the rr trusel and the 280 bridge is a good spots . the river channel out from boyscout slough just west or sw. of the first big grey double boat house is a good spot . spring creek just above the 280 bridge is a good spot . there is another site i will find a send you the address for it . planning on going this weekin either sat or sunday . was there sunday with the wife and we cought 4 . no one i talked to was doing much . seen one man pull a slab up . he trid to hide it but i seen it roll over into his boat . he was ancored and probabley got some sunken brush on the creek channel . he probabley had 8 to 10 poles out around his boat .
    let me know the next time you go and maby i will run into you over there .papasage
    retired and now i will always fish

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

http://georgiawildlife.dnr.state.ga....=117&txtPage=6 this is a good ga. lake info site . it will give a general sumary of the lake .
    you can git a map of the lake from the stste park it will give you a lot of info .http://terraserver-usa.com/image.asp...=1105&z=17&w=1 try this site for a good view of the lake from the air . papasage

Post Thanks / Like

Papasage, are you going to be at Blackshear on Sunday? I'm heading over that way, was going to look you up if you're going to be there.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey curtisj.....I too have just started fishing Blackshear consistently in the past couple of months. I have made a trip or two in the past couple of springs, but not enough to figure out how to catch them in decent numbers. Lately I have been fishing Smoake bridge on Swift Creek and also the railroad tressel stretching across the lake. I still haven't caught them consistently, but have found good numbers of fish. They have had lockjaw lately. Also any of the cypress trees are good to pitch minnows at in the spring. I have caught some really big crappie in past springs around the cypress trees. Not in big numbers yet, but some big crappie. Those were right in the veterans state park. As in any lake, to start catching crappie, I guess the easiest thing to do is find the visible above water structure.....(bridge pilings, trees, etc.) Finding the underwater stuff takes a little time. And I'm still working on that part. Good luck and let us know how you do. And for more info check in on this GA board. I post my reports down to the smallest detail. I don't believe in secrets when it comes to fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

yep planning on going in the morning .will put in at the park .
    hope they will be active . there is a frunt coming in with rain . hoping it will hold off till after noon . do you have a cell phone. i will take mine with me incase you do. i will e mail the # to you . e mail me yours

Post Thanks / Like

i will be driving a black el camino with a topper on it m my boat is a white and red with a 55 blue and white evinrude . hope to see you there and catch some fish

Post Thanks / Like

Papasage, I'll be looking for you.

I'll be putting in at the park as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Papasage, check your email. I sent you my cell phone number.

I'll be leaving Tifton around 5:15-5:30. I'll have my phone on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast