Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Finally!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finally!!!!

First mess of keepers this year!!!!
    The females still had lots of eggs, so it's a late spawn!

Post Thanks / Like

Good looking fish fry you have there. Now, let's play Paul Harvey and hear the rest of the story. Which lake, how deep and what color jigs????
    Dusty
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

Hehehe....

Whatcha got in your wallet? LOL!

OK, here's a fishing REAL report....

Got them out of one of those Norther Cayuga County Lakes I told you about (Cross Lake, Otter Lake, Duck Lake, or Parker's Pond) They're all pretty similar, so I'll let you pick one to fish.

Fished from about 6:45 AM until around around 9:30 AM. Weather was partly sunny, wind from WNW at probably 8 - 10MPH. Water was "stained" as we were fishing the East side. Didn't bring a thermometer, so I don't have temps to share - I keep meaning to throw one in my tackle box, but keep forgetting.

The 15 fish in the photo were the keepers, we also caught dozens that were between 8 - 8 1/2" long - we'll give them another shot at moving to Lake Crisco next year. My son also got a 14" LMB to C & R.

Caught them in 3 - 4 FOW, around submerged stumps & logs. Lure of the day was a BPS mini tube (1 1/2 inch), in Chartreuse. Jig heads were a mix of yellow 1/4 oz round, and 1/16 oz tiny tube heads - both produced equally. Tipped all the jigs with chartreuse Berkeley Crappie Nibbles.

Worked two rods, one just hanging over the side, straight down (action was provided by chop on the water) and one casting with slow, steady retrieve. I used the round heads on the rod I was casting, and tube heads on the tight-line. Both rods caught similar numbers and sizes of fish.

We picked a good time to head home because a cold front blew through around 10:30 or so.

That should get you a good head start! Happy slabbin!!!!

Skaneateles,NY(Summer)/Port ST.Lucie,FL(Winter)
    Post Thanks / Like

I have GOT to get my boat in the water! Lower unit should be done this week...
    ..."An old fisherman lives here with the best catch of his life"...:D