Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Where's my prop!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where's my prop!

I'm fishing saturday and picking up a few here and there but moved from 7-9ft. of water to 12-14ft to get away from the "dinks". The fish wanted you to soak a minnow a while before they would bite. They were there but they were taking their own sweet time about biting.
    Anyway, I was going to move about three hundred yards to make my next "bombing run". Decided to just idle over and leave the trolling motor down. While I was idling I heard something bounce off the bottom of the boat. I knew I didn't hit anything because the water is deep there but a quick scan of the Garmin 178C confirmed that there were nothing there. I get to where I want to fish and shut the big motor down and jump up on the front deck, grab the rod and turn the tolling motor to begin my run. I hit the gas but nothing....again...nothing. What is going on???? I lift the trolling motor and to my surprise...NO PROP! SO that was what bounced off the boat...my PROP! I was stunned. All in all I handled it well. I just packed everything up and headed for the house. Caught nine real good keepers before the incident. When I got back to town, I headed straight for Elliot Outdoors and bought two new props. I had been meaning to get an extra prop before then but they had been out so I was just waiting on them to come in.

Well, I'm finishing up the school year. Kids are coming tomm. to get their report cards and then "A fishing we will go, A fishing we will go, hi, ho the merry go, A fishing we will GO!"

The CH...

Next stop Montgomery, AL. ----FISHING
    Then north to Springfield, MO.----FISHING
    At Home----FISHING
    HAPPY DAYS!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

good luck, buddy. My two grand-daughters will be here tomorrow to take grand-dad on a fishing expedition. they're 10 and 8. that oughta be a trip. course, old grand-dad is looking forward to it.

course, you being a teacher and all, you probably need some relief.

Post Thanks / Like

There are days when you wonder, "What am I doing this for?" It doesn't take too long though and a student will "remind" you of why you do it. It is challenging but I love it. Eight graders...you got a love em'!

Need to get down to MS and check out those famous lakes I'm always hearing about.

The CH...

Post Thanks / Like

More then one prop has been lost like that.
    Some of them will spin off when motoring like that. All that it takes is a prop nut that is not tight.
    Good luck. and I for one have an extra in the boat for when that happens again to me. LOL
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Yea...I've been busted on by all my buddies. Oh well, fish long enough crazy things are going to happen. Need to get you to show me how to catch those big stripers.

Post Thanks / Like

We will have to get a trip up .
    There not that hard to catch. That is when the current is running good and the bait can be found.
    If you can throw a cast net we will sure give it a try. After a week ago today. I give up on throwing one. Back can not handle it.
    So get ready best in the evening.
    How many days until your out for a while?
    Might even get spider rig man Or crappiehunter to go with us. and catch the bait. LOL In a few more weeks. The bait should switch over to skip jack. Then that makes bait easy on me..
    Pete
    Last edited by ShilohRed; 05-21-2007 at 08:42 PM.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ha ha

This happened to me and Fatboy at TZUR tournament. Use a vinyl lock nut when you put the blade back on. This want spin off. Motor guides are bad about prop coming off.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

i lost a prop once on main engine a johnson it miss fired while running full throttle and shear pin broke prop left. had to get a tow back to the dock.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear from ya Canepole. Today was my last day at school for ten weeks!!!!!!! YAAAHOOO....it's fishing time!

WF...Thta is my next investment. A stainless steel prop. $360.00!!!! Whheeew!

The CH...

Post Thanks / Like

ShilohRed...I'll throw that cast net. I've used a small one down in Florida to catch bait. That net is...somewhere around here. May take me few tries to get back in the swing of it but I'll sure do it. PM me and I'll give you my number. I'm out of school so anytime is good for me.

The CH...