Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: On board Chargers

Post Thanks / Like

Default On board Chargers

Im thinking about buying an onboard charger. I have a few questions about them. I have one batter in the front one middle and one back. If I buy a 3 Bank charger are the cords long enough to reach all batteries or do the batteries have to be sitting side by side? Does the charger stay hooked up to the batteries all the time and then you just plug in an extension cord or do you hook it up to each battery each time you charge?

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Cords on the chargers are 6ft long so you will probably need 1 or 2 of these
    http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...003000_200-3-4
    You probably could make them just be sure to use heavy enough wire (14 gauga I think is what they use).
    The charger stays hooked up to the batteries all the time. Just plug it in when you get back from fishing and forget it until time to go again. I wouldn't be with out one. I also use one of these http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...L&cmid=PP_P1_2 but its not really needed, just a convience.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Ok thanks man

Post Thanks / Like

Check out these units too.They are the poop.They charge while you tow your boat to the lake!!!:D

www.stayncharge.com
    CrappieMagnet

Post Thanks / Like

Save yourself a lot of heartache down the road. Spend a few extra $$$$ and get a "Guest" charger.

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered a Dual Pro SE from cabelas. 219.99

Post Thanks / Like

Default Charger

Without a doubt, Guest is best.

KScrappie1

Post Thanks / Like

I like my Guest - mounted on a bench in my basement to keep my batts topped off between uses (trolling Motor batt and cranking bat for emergency generator)

Post Thanks / Like

Default On Board Charger

I run a Guest Pro 2620. Two banks with 10 amps each bank for my trolling motor batteries. I also added a Pro Extra II which feeds the excess from your engine's alternator to the trolling motor batteries while running between stops. Helps prolong your Trolling motor batteries during the day.

Post Thanks / Like

I recently bought a ProSport 20 Plus (3 bank) from Bass Pro. I really like it but I imagine if any battery charger stays working then they all work equally well.

However, I was going to buy one of BPS's brand chargers and while I was looking at it (they are cheaper than most BTW) some guy walked up to me and said he just returned his because it quit working on him after 2 months use. I went home, done a little internet research and found another article where someone else said the same thing so I decided against the Bass Pro Shops model.

Good luck in your quest!