Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie fillets for Venison

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie fillets for Venison

Well,
    Im no hunter, but I am a great fisherman. If any of you avid deer hunters out there ever want to trade some of your deer meat for crappie fillets, I'd be interested. I'd trade 2.5 pounds of fillets per 1 pound of deer meat. Thats fresh carefully packaged fillets already trimmed and with no bones or rib cages.
    I can ship overnight or 2 day express with dry ice to keep cold, or I'd drive about anywhere in Louisiana to do a trade in person.
    The type of deer meat I'd be interested in would be either deer sausage or something I could cut up and tenderize and fry like chicken fried steak. I like it best like that. Not really interested in deer ribs.

Anyway, this may or may not interest anyone. Think about it, and my offer is good all year long.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trade

Team M&M, Hey just wanted to tell ya that a fisherman in Ms got in hot water with undercover wildlife officers for trading crappie for seafood.
    They got wind of him trading before and set up a sting for him.
    It don't remember the fine,buy something in the thousands of dollars.
    I see nothing to much wrong with this trading as long as it is not a big operation going on.
    Ms say's that you can't sell trade or barter any fish without commercial
    license.
    Be careful and good luck..............spider rig man

Post Thanks / Like

Spider is right. If it weren't ilegal, I could hook you up. What I can do later on during deer season is give you one if you want to take a trip to Aberdeen MS for a weekend. I can quarter it and freeze it and then let you know I have one for you. Come and get it whenever you want. Like I said, though, that will be later once deer season opens and I get some in the freezer for myself.
    Brian

Will fish for food!

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

The guy in trouble traded for shrimp which is a commerical species. I bet since deer and crappie both can't be sold ,it should be OK to trade. I'd call your G&f enforcement divison to make sure first. Here we give away deer and fish all the time. It states in the book they may not be sold. We have to furnish in writing our licence information along with the game or fish.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NIMROD
    The guy in trouble traded for shrimp which is a commerical species. I bet since deer and crappie both can't be sold ,it should be OK to trade. I'd call your G&f enforcement divison to make sure first. Here we give away deer and fish all the time. It states in the book they may not be sold. We have to furnish in writing our licence information along with the game or fish.
    Here in MS, you can't sell or trade any type of game animal, any fish designated as a game fish, or any native animal, dead or alive. The only fish that can be sold are "trash fish" like catfish, carp, bufalo, drum, and so on.
    Brian

Will fish for food!

Post Thanks / Like

You cannot give somebody some fish???Like a gift??of course with your info on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by justme
    You cannot give somebody some fish???Like a gift??of course with your info on it.
    Yes, but you can't accept anything in return
    Brian

Will fish for food!

Post Thanks / Like

Default pm's

beenfishin?, check your pm box.