Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Optima Batteries

Post Thanks / Like

Default Optima Batteries

I found Optima D34M Marine Batteries in Sam's Club for $155 each. Finally broke down and bought a pair. Hope they last a long time. That's more than I ever paid for batteries, but heard they are worth it. The next lowest price I found was $199 each.

Post Thanks / Like

We fish 100 plus times from Oct thru mid April every year. We have been thru every battery around. Most of the time by Jan we are buying new ones. We run a 24 volt system, on board charger. We use the trolling motor constantly, as we go from matt to matt all day. We bought Optima's in Sept of this year and have not had any trouble with them.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a buddy who has used the optima batteries for the last several years and says their the best. So I guess when my batteries give out I will go to optima. This may be one of those times " you get what you pay for ".
    Monk

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using optima betteries since they have come out. I actually am able to purchase them wholesale.

Off of ine battery we can run 2 green flourecents, 2 starfire and a floating light. It will run all of it from sunset to sunrise. If we make just 2 or 3 hour trips, I'll only charge it once for 3 trips.

The battery I'm currrently using just to run lights is 3 years old.

They are well worth the money
    If I was better I'd be twins

Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

Post Thanks / Like

Default optima batteries

Don't you have a different kind of charger for them?

srm

Post Thanks / Like

no different charger needed. I have the red tops for craniking in all my cars and the yellow top deep cylcles on my boat. The red is over 7 years old and still kicking. The yellow is over 3 years old, been run down and charged up hundreds of times and only seems to get better with age. Also they arn't subject to any spillage and can withstand vibration better than any battery I have owned.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta686
    I have been using optima betteries since they have come out. I actually am able to purchase them wholesale.

Off of ine battery we can run 2 green flourecents, 2 starfire and a floating light. It will run all of it from sunset to sunrise. If we make just 2 or 3 hour trips, I'll only charge it once for 3 trips.

The battery I'm currrently using just to run lights is 3 years old.

They are well worth the money
    That's pretty impressive. If they will run that many lights all night, I may have to get one.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Charging Optima Blue Top

Hey guys, 1st time poster on the site. I've been reading lots of good articles though!!
    My question is this. I just bought an Optima blue top D34 battery, and was wondering if my current charger will work for this or not. Currently I've been using the Everstart Boating/RV Charger. I've read some things on here that says I don't want to charge over 2 amps, but I don't see how I can control that with my current one.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink You might want to check here :

Quote Originally Posted by harpenter
    Hey guys, 1st time poster on the site. I've been reading lots of good articles though!!
    My question is this. I just bought an Optima blue top D34 battery, and was wondering if my current charger will work for this or not. Currently I've been using the Everstart Boating/RV Charger. I've read some things on here that says I don't want to charge over 2 amps, but I don't see how I can control that with my current one.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    http://www.windsun.com/Batteries/Bat...at%20Batteries

Specifically - look at the AGM Battery portion of the page.

If you want to get more in-depth, check here :

http://www.batteryfaq.org/

Welcome to Crappie.com !!

.... luck2ya ... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks cp, good reads!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast