Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: High Water

Post Thanks / Like

Default High Water

The San Jacinto river system should be in great shape for good crappie fishing in a week or so. I've been waiting all winter for some high water. As soon as it settles back down the fish should really turn it on. Big Eddy may have a couple of weeks of good fishing before they move up behind the damn.
    And then there's the spawn. The slow winter should make for a great spawn.

Post Thanks / Like

I sure hope so. Last years spawn on the lake lacked a little. I am in desperate need of a SLAB fix! Heres wishing everyone a great season.

Jigster

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Bad week

This has been a bad week for me. Have not even hung a small catfish much less a slab. Anyway, have been fishing the end of my pier every afternoon with minnows and jigs with not even a bumb. Good news is I am saving money on minnows. One of these days I will take the boat out and try another spot. By the way, the pier is located in Indian Shores, about 7 feet deep with structure.
    Last edited by waterking; 02-10-2005 at 07:06 PM.
    I Love To Fish and Fish Love Me :D

Post Thanks / Like

Waterking,

Be paitient they will come. It may be a week or two with all the rain we have had but they will come. The spawm is near. Just got to get through Feb. without a major flood like last year and it will be "ON" like white on rice in a febuary snow storm LOL.

I live in Lake Shadows.

Jigster