Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bobber question

tongo Guest

Default bobber question

hey i was just wondering what type of bobber is best to use with a jig?

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of us use slip bobbers the pencil type. but I have use the small round bobbers when i didn't have a pencil cork.
    MT.DEW AND JP8 IN THE MORNING GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.

tongo Guest

hmm slip bobbers eh? i've never used one yet, guess i'll have to learn.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to crappie.com tongo. there are alot of good folks on here with a lot of good info.
    MT.DEW AND JP8 IN THE MORNING GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Slip all the way

Tongo,
    Slip bobbers are the way to go when fishing for crappie. Whether you are using a jig under it or live bait, they are by far the best things I've found. I was just talking to an old timer friend of mine who's been fishing for years and he said "the slip bobber is the best invention I've seen yet for crappie fishin..." and I've learned that you don't argue with old timers...:-)
    -Shonn

Post Thanks / Like

Tongo-Welcome!!Slip Bobbers are the only way to go. Pretty simple to use-put on a bobber stop,slip bobber,ect.!! Once you get used to them you"ll never go back to regular bobbers!!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default slip floats

I use the 1/2 inch thill slip floats,not the spring type. I also use the thread thill bobber stops. They are smaller and slide through the rod guides better. The 1/2 inch float will suspend a 1/16 oz. jig at the correct depth. About 2/3 of the float submerged.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard tongo!

tongo Guest

hi everyone i forgot to do an intro about myself, well i live in oregon and i love fishing. i stumbled across this site one night and i have been on here reading about crappie fishing for about a couple weeks now. i guess i decided to come out and post for the first time. i really enjoy all of your pictures. here in oregon we don't takl about crappie much, but i caught my very first crappie a couple days ago.

also how do you guys reel in the crappie without their mouths ripping and losing the fish?

thank you all for your friendliness and quick responses

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Slip bobbers is excellent. If you are fishing shallow try a different bobber. Look in the archives under stuff we don't want to lose. There is an excellent thread on bobbers called "Have you tried this?" It is a must read. I think you will like it as a fail safe system besides slip bobbers.

Remember you are not bass fishing! Just keep a tight line with no slack in it. Lift the rod when you feel a bite or the bobber changes direction. Don't yank with all your force!!!!

Fish slow. When you think you are slow enough, slow it down some more. Welcome aboard.

old ship
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast