Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Between jobs; tell me what to do???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Between jobs; tell me what to do???

But don't tell me to hurry and get another job:rolleyes:
    I quit my current job but have a couple of leads on others so plan take
    2 months off with the wife's blessings. Anyway if you had this usually once in a lifetime opportunity where would you go to fish in the southern states?
    Since I'm in north Georgia, I'm going to take a road trip (always wanted to)
    in my truck with fishing pole, camping gear and possibly jonboat in tow.
    I'm thinking about seeing tennesse, kentucky, north carolina, or virginia,
    so send me your suggestions of best places to see, camp, and fish at along the way.

Post Thanks / Like

ODM,
    Come to NW Arkansas and stay at horseshoe bend, Gods country Itellyou what. The crappie fishing is good and we have lmb, walleye, stripers, white bass, and tons of other fish. Send me a pm and I'll hook you up and give you my #

Stink
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

IN SC
    start out in Santee Cooper
    go to Wateree
    go Wylie
    Wylie SC /NC border

IN NC
    High Rock
    Jordan
    Falls

NC/VA border
    Buggs Island

all great lakes to crappie fish
    scenic and fun
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

all have crappie.com members that will help you out and even fish with you - Rango and the Wylie guys love hosting out of towners
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Stop in at Aberdeen MS on a weekend and we can give em a shot. Then head to Grenada for a day, move up to sardis for a day, then enid, then arkabuttla (did I spell that right?) Anyway, those four are so close together you could fish one all day, drive to the next for the night and fish it the next day. Some say they are the best crappie lakes in the nation. If interested pm me for number and such. Also, while here you could come to the house and check in on crappie,com. Got one other member lives here and he would love to meet you too.
    Brian

Will fish for food!

Post Thanks / Like

Boy I wish I had two months for a road trip. Looks like any direction you want to head will be good. Good luck and keep us posted.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been unemployed for over a year. I have been looking hard and no one wants to hire right now. Of course I have no skills other than being a buisness manager, business degree and all from a 4 year university , everyone wants entry level workers I don't want to rain on anyones time off but I thought just like you and put a half ass effort into looking for a job and now a year later I am desporate and willing to take a $8.00 an hour job just to feed my family.
    Good luck and all

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the suggestions. They sound like good prospects to areas that I have never been. Looks like I may have to do this in say 3 different trips over the two months I plan to take off. I've got a 12ft jonboat with small outboard and troll motor that I'll use on what ever small lake or river I fish.

By the way sorry to hear your unemloyment lasting so long. Wish you good fortune finding something suitable soon. Pray for the right job during your
    search.