Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: My bayou fishing buddy Picture

Post Thanks / Like

Talking My bayou fishing buddy Picture

I ran into this guy about 4 years ago while fishing a small lake on a near by WMA. We hit it off well since he like to eat white pearch as much as me. The only problem was he didnt like to catch his own fish he just wonted to steal MINE .

The first day this happened I saw him loafing near by not paying him much attention I hooked into a slab and when that fish broke the surface here this dude came full throdle. Lucky I fish with 2 poles at the same time so as I desperatly drug my fish out of harms way with one pole I was swatting this cat with the other one. Needless to say I prevailed and got my fish and as I was taking the hook out I said to myself (aint nobody going to beleive this @$%#).

Well when I came back 2 days later I had a camera just incase my ol partner wonted to show back up. Well he did and it didnt take no more than a fish dinner to presuade him to pose for a few pics.

I figured yall might enjoy seeing this. :D
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Its Just Something About That BUMP

Post Thanks / Like

Default TightLine.......

Got to admit I got a good chuckle out of your "Al the Gator" trying to eat your fish, a pole in one hand and camera in the other trying to get a shot of it...lol! I've been thru some close scrapes with some gators myself, wading in a local lake during the late crappie spawn. Those big females don't cotton to you much when you get between them and their nest. In fact, they get downright hostile... I gave it up after the third time I had to take evasive action. In that case, I think discretion was the better part of valor... :D Felt good to be back in the boat! Hold a bind on it, TightLine, and best of luck to ya.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Al the gator pictures

Tight Line, I hope Al never learns where you store your fish in your boat. When he gets a little bigger, you might sho nuff have a fishing buddy. Good pictures. It's little extras like that, that I love about going fishing.---Pooch

Post Thanks / Like

Pooch you said you were on a wma was that hogpen lake? If so have youheard anything from there or grand bay. I think that is the name of the little lake down by the red river lock.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coachmhs98
    Pooch you said you were on a wma was that hogpen lake? If so have youheard anything from there or grand bay. I think that is the name of the little lake down by the red river lock.

Hey coachmhs98. Welcome to the board. That was Tight Line that was on the W.M.A.. I do live near the Red River W.M.A. and have fished Hog Pen many times. I haven't heard any news on it lately. It usually does very well after the Red River backs up into it and that hasn't happened lately. I've never fished in Grand Bay. There are just too many good lakes to pass up to get to it and the last time I was at Grand Bay, there was no good boat launch. It was just dirt and if it rains on you, you're stuck.---Pooch

Post Thanks / Like

that is for sure about the ramp at gb. I caught alot of fish at hog pen last year early in the spring. I thought you may have heard something.
    thanks again