Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Capps/Coleman rig ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Capps/Coleman rig ?

I have been reluctant to rig up with the so-called C/C rig due to the problems I forsee with tangles when moving from place to place. At present I use a barrel sinker with a rubber band pulled thru it with 1 jig tied to the bottom. When moving all I have to do is pull the weight down to the jig and don't have a lot of loose line to tangle. When reaching my new spot all I have to do is pull the weight back up the line and I ready to slow-troll again. You folk that use that rig how do you keep it tangle-free?
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I hook the two hooks together to form a loop, place the loop over the reel, and then reel the slack up.

Post Thanks / Like

Default C/C Rig

Hey Steve, I use little wire ties at each hook and weight and pole and tighten them up. You can buy these at WalMart or any hardware store.
    The one's I have come in a bag of about 50 there small black ones, forgot the cost, but real cheap.
    I cut them with small wire cutters or nail clippers. This will work for you.
    Go Fish...........spider rig man

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Repeat. Wonder why they call it a Capps and Coleman rig? I was fishing a rig like it before either of them were born. I didn't invent it. I learned it from a river rat. I guess the have "status".
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I use rubber bands to tie hooks together,or rubber band them around the rod and hooked over an eye
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody got a picture of the C & C rig? I googled and couldn't find any pics.
    John 21:3
    Simon Peter said to them, "I am going fishing." They said to him, "We are going with you also." They went out and immediately got into the boat, and that night they caught nothing.

And we act like this Nightstalking thing is new.

For some excitment, read the next verse. A special guest arrived, they filled their coolers and had a fish fry on the beach...in the morning. My kind of people.- Bowfin

Post Thanks / Like

I think maybe once crappie tournaments started up and they got famous with that rig someone gave it that name, maybe Tim Huffman. I'm sure a Texas rigged worm and a Carolina rig was used before they got famous in bass tournaments. I gave up bass fishing about 4-5 years ago and got into crappie fishing reading all I could about it and the first I heard of the C/C rig was in Winning Crappie Secrets by Tim Huffman so that's what I have been calling it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bowfin
    Anybody got a picture of the C & C rig? I googled and couldn't find any pics.

Post Thanks / Like

Been around longer than Capps and Colemen. Have no idea why everyone calls it that. Those boys grew up at Reelfoot and people have been making those and many different variations long before they where born. They just made them popular in places besides Reelfoot.

Attention everyone they didn't invent it. They just use it..

Get The Net

Post Thanks / Like

I spoke to Capp's at the Grizzly Jig spring show, he said he uses 1/4 to 3/8 oz weight almost all the time except when fishing very deep on the above rig for minnows and when jigging he runs one jig with the added weight no second hook or jig. I asked about heavy winds and he said when the boat is bouncing he hand holds two poles to keep the bait steady. He didn't specify hook size at the time. Also higher quality egg sinkers have smoother edges and do less damage to your line. Hook 12 to 18 inches from weight and swivel. Think he said #8 swivel. I tie these at home and wrap them around a styrene noodle swim thingy. If i get broke off or too tangled i can retie and be back in the water very quickly. Around here they also call it the Kentucky lake rig. It's been around longer than capps or coleman. lol. No disrespect to 2 fine fishermen intended.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast