Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crappie Fishin' On TV

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Crappie Fishin' On TV

I am sorry to have missed posting it, but there was 2 fishing shows featuring crappie last night on the Outdoor Channel. One was Fishing With Keith Warren that was pretty good. The best one was Bass Pro Fishing and it featured one of our members, Wally Marshall, teaching trolling techniques. It was well worth watching and I plan on using some of those techniques as soon as the ice melts in my local lake.
    Mr. Marshall, if you read this message, I often use the same tecniques catfishing except I use heavier tackle. I noticed you caught a couple of fiddlers (small channels). In the picture below, you will see I often catch cats while crappie fishing or sometimes crappie fish while catfishing. I have had a lot of crappie gear tore up by cats that took my crappie bait. I will say this though, I know some guys on the catfish board that dip their fritos into the Sonny's Dip Bait that is left over from dipping their stink bait hooks. :D LOL. And, they don't even wash their hands after handling fish. No disrespect intended, I enjoyed your show.

I will watch for repeats, the Outdoor Channel often shows fishing shows twice.

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

I just checked it out on www.outdoorchannel.com , The Fishing With Keith Warren Show will be on Saturday Feb. 12 at 9:30 AM. The Bass Pro Fishing Show will be on Friday Feb. 11 at 9:00 AM and on Sunday Feb 13 at 9 PM. I believe these are EST times.Both shows are well worth watching and I recorded both shows on my DVR to view when my friends come over.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw the probass show.. I had a different veiw of the show. Seems everything lead to selling mr crappie goods. vShow was like his visits to this board. SELL< SELL, SELL. nothing else. I mean some of the stuff was like if you see a tight ball of shad this fish are not attacking them but if they are scattered they are under attack....duh. They are deep in the winter... another great point.... Wasted my time watching...

I hope you don't take this wrong redtick. I have read your post and think highly of you as a fisherman. Plus I had a bluetick as my first coondog..

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you Falcon, if your come on this board contrubute something to each other about fishing. Not to sell your products, I would love to sell my homemade jigs but I am not on here wasting web space.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

nothing wrong with selling here... Just don't let it be THE REASON you are here. Share your knowledge, help someone, don't just sell your goods. We all need supplies so we will buy them. Push them on us or ram them down our throat and we will not buy those supplies. Well I won't but nobody is gonna go broke because a poor peanut man from Bama doesn't shop with them.lol

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FalconSmitty
    nothing wrong with selling here... Just don't let it be THE REASON you are here. Share your knowledge, help someone, don't just sell your goods. We all need supplies so we will buy them. Push them on us or ram them down our throat and we will not buy those supplies. Well I won't but nobody is gonna go broke because a poor peanut man from Bama doesn't shop with them.lol
    YES YES YES...I like and use WM brand rods, reels and line. I also like being kept up in when they are on sale and new products he has. But share some his crappie fishing knowledge with us also. Teach us how to catch them better would be a better sales tool than any thing else.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

I Agree With You Guys--was Kind Of Fired Up When I Saw His Post Here,that Just Set Me Up For A Letdown! I Too Use His Products And Like Them But-if Sales Were All He Was After He Should Not Have Posted. I Really Thought He Would Have Some Input On Helping Us Catch More Crappie.not Just Get In Our Pockets .
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

I personally think the reason his show was on the air was because his sponsor wanted him to help sell their products. I see nothing wrong with that. That is the way the system works. I did see some good stuff that any crappie fisherman can use and learn from.
    I post on several coonhound boards and sometimes my posts kind of turn into infomercials because I sell puppies and videos. But, I am a very experiance coonhound person and I enjoy helping some of the guys getting started.
    I look at Mr. Marshall's post (and some of the others that also have crappie related buisnesses) in the same way and see nothing wrong with it. Let's not attempt to put succesful folks down just because they are having great success. Who wouldn't want to have a line of crappie poles with their signature on it or want to be a professional fisherman? I think it is great that we have some of the very best crappie guys post on this board. They will surely quit if all they are going to get is put down.
    I know my post starting this thread was made in jest, Mr Marshal looked to be a fun guy to fish with. I really enjoyed the show. I have a couple of fishing buddies that need to watch that show and learn how to catch some crappies besides the ones that are up near the bank at spawning time.

Post Thanks / Like

well I have asked a couple of questions on the board and by PM - he has answered them all or sent me in a direction to find the answer - so he is sharing info with me - another good point redtick is the fact he is posting here - as well as some other good guides and folks that make their living crappie fishing or off crappie fishermen - I like it that diftmaster post here and welcome the the other bait companies and tackle guys to the board to share info and how to get their products - at least WM is telling us when his stuff is on sale
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you gents on helping others and improving the sport not selling our wares. I just with I had a few more of them Bruce Carpenter signature rods!!! Just kidding, all I sell is magic dust!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast