Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Aqua Innovations Oxygen generators work?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Does Aqua Innovations Oxygen generators work?

At $40, I'm leery of buying a gimmick to keep the bait alive. Tired of listening to the dang bubblers all night long! Anybody used these for keeping bait alive?

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Had 3 fisherman down on the dock bought them, seen no difference in those and my bubble areaitor and ice. we all use the same frailbill minnow bucket. And usally i get the most fish

Post Thanks / Like

If you are using shad with salt or adding a bait keeper to the tank it can't have salt. Aqua innovations specifically says to not use in salt.

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried one of those for over a year and it did not work very well. I lost many pounds of bait. You cannot put any chemicals of any kind in the water to help or it will mess up the unit. I finally quit using it and went to something else. I would not waste the money. Just my experence and opinion.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us

Post Thanks / Like

I have one of the dual ones that is SUPPOSE to work in live wells for up to 30 gallon or so. I had a couple of crappie and about 6 doz. minnows in a 40 quart ice chest with fresh lake water in it. I left the oxygenator on all night. It was not a hot night. actually in the 40* range. All died. Seemed like there was lots of foam in the water in the morning. Maybe they put too much oxy in the water I don't know. Any way I have had much better luck out of the $10.00 bubblers. for the $74 I spent I could of bought enough batteries to run the bublers for 10 years.
    Crappie spawning and morels popping up at the same time. What was God thinking when he made that schedule. It's pure torture every spring deciding which to do.

Post Thanks / Like

Get yourself one of these aerator they are very quite. The do suck down the batterys thou.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Aqua Innovationa Oxy Gen

I have had one for years and think it is the best thing since sliced bread!! We fish several Tournaments a year in several diffenent states all year around. The one we have is the dual generator and we have a 25 gal live well. We have never lost a fish. We do put "stuff" in the water and never had a problem. You do have to keep the screens clean by useing a small brass brush. One time I did try and keep some minnows alive overnight in my bait well 6-8 gal and the next morning they were all dead. That was with the dual generator. They make a single one for bait. Don't know haven't tried one yet. What I like is it makes no noise, pumps no water and does not heat up the water. The one I have is one of the first to come out 6-7 years ago and still works fine. Kept fish last weekend on Neely Henry 80 -90 degrees no problem. On a scale of ten it rates 11 with me.

Post Thanks / Like

I love my "Quiet Air" made by Magic Co.... No buzzing, just little "putt putt" On my 2nd one...1st one lasted over a year. Can run over 30hrs on 1 "D" sized battery. Costs a whoppin $10. Got mine at a small bait and tackle store.

Post Thanks / Like

REDEYE why do you think it killed the minnows. that was the problem I had. I would think that the dual one should be more than enough to keep some minows alive all night. Does it put off too much oxy? I figured if a single one was good then a dual must be better. I guess not.
    Crappie spawning and morels popping up at the same time. What was God thinking when he made that schedule. It's pure torture every spring deciding which to do.

Post Thanks / Like

TTT
    Does anyone on here know if it is possible to over oxy minnows?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast