Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas prices

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gas prices

On my way home from work yesterday gas was $2.96 this morning it has gone up to $3.49.
    How has gas prices affected your fishing? I know I can't afford to go very far to do anything at these prices.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Same as you - stay close to home. I don't care what the excuse of the day is, the oil corporations are sticking it to us so they can keep on having record profits.

I'm lucky that i've got three small lakes (one holds NY record for black crappie), a large pond and a river all within 15 minutes of the house. That makes it a lot easier to not spend much on gas and still get to fish for some good fish.

Post Thanks / Like

It was 2.99 last night here in BG, I'm afraid to go into town to look at it if it's that high in Louisville. I've never heard of so many excuses of why we are paying so much for gas. Good Morning America just had a story about the refineries having problems keeping up with the demand. Believe it or not, they said a squirrel was to blame for one refinery shutting down said it got into the control panel! Can you believe that!

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday it was around the 2.959 range... The Price of Gas has not really affected my fishing.. because I am a few minutes from the ramp, also I do not have a big motor so 3.5 gallons of gas last me quite a while.

Post Thanks / Like

I paid $2.92 yesterday. Fortunately the lake I fish is only about 30 miles away. I heard it'll be over $3.00 by the end of the week. I'm sure my trips will be reduced some if gas goes a lot over $3.00. My boat only has a 35 hp so gas for the boat isn't really a factor. I fished all day yesterday and used less than 2 gallons. However, my old 84 Bronco sucks it down pretty good so expensive gas will be a factor in the number of trips I take.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad
    Believe it or not, they said a squirrel was to blame for one refinery shutting down said it got into the control panel! Can you believe that!
    Working for a large chemical plant I can say first hand YES!!! I'm not in the oil industry and don't agree with what is happening with prices but I have experience with plant shutdowns due to "Animal Activies" We had a "CAT"astrophe one year where a cat decided that the warm substation was a good place to take a nap on a cold winter day. Plant was down almost 2 weeks due to freezeup from systems being down. The second was from a snake crossing a main breaker and causing it to go to ground. Down ~a week.

Now in my humble opinion its nothing more than greed. Record profits every quarter is what I am basing it on. They aren't losing money so they need to quit their whining. I have no use for corporate America anymore. Our company is up for sale because we didn't turn the ops margin they wanted us to even thoug we did contribute a half a billion dollars in profits. Weren't enough for the top dogs

Post Thanks / Like

Well I filled up my new boat the day I picked it up and a couple of weeks back I filled 3 five gallon containers of gas to use in my boat later. Going to put STA-BIL in them as well as my boat. Since I live on the water I don't have to go more than a few miles at most and all that in the water.

Timing on this sux since I have a new boat and wat to run it, but I guess it will have to wait some.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

bobberdown is offline Slabmaster II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

$3.19 to $3.35 Here. 35 gal to fill up the boat $112.00 + $39.60 to fill up truck. $10.50 Ice, Coke, sandwiches. This was on the way to the lake. 102 miles. To home cost $31.00 Boat, $42.00 truck, $12.00 Supper. Oh1 The $155.00 entry fee and $4.00 launch fee. $406.10 for the trip.
    Winnings this trip $0.00

Post Thanks / Like

I have three great lakes to fish Egypt and Crab are about 30min. from the house and Rend is about 15min. I usually fish Egpyt the most but after the gas prices I have been spending more time at Rend. I have been making myself fish the same place all day and its been paying off. I don't think I have put gas in my boat yet this year.
    can't catch'em at home

Sharpening hooks and mapping out brim beds
    Post Thanks / Like

Gas just hit 3 bucks a gallon here, and I have definitely decided to stay closer to home this year. I'm lucky that I'm only 15 minutes from several boat ramps. We have also found several small lakes and ponds that only allow trolling motors, so I might just find some well kept secrets almost in my back yard.
    Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of crappie nests

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast