Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battery last all night?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Battery last all night?

I have a Deep Cycle battery that I got from Advance Auto. I am gonna run two green submersibles and two clamp ons (to watch poles). Will it last all night long , i dont want to be cut short by a dead battery, thanks.

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't think it would last that long with that much load. I've run one or two submersible starfires (i think they are called) and it would last most of the night, but not all night. I'm thinking about six hours with just that pull.
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt it would run all night either...I bet around 6 hours would be all you would get as I learned my lesson on that once already...

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on how many amp/hours the battery holds and how much each light draws. Figuring a 100a/h battery and 4 lights drawing 7amps, you're looking at probably 5 hours tops... and if any of them are flourescents, figure less because as the battery goes down, the ballasts in the flourescents will start having problems.

Post Thanks / Like

I use one battery for each Starfire ll . After one night's use the batteries are down to about 50%. I usually run them about 7 hours.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Assuming the battery is a good one add the max amp draw for each light. Then divide that into the reserve amp rating (not the cranking amp, MCA or CCA). Then divide that by 2 and that will give you the approximate time a battery will last. You divide by 2 because they are not much good below 50%.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Two submersibles and two clamp ons. I would get another battery.

Post Thanks / Like

Of course, it depends on how big a battery you got. But I'll be it will make it most of the night, if not all. The submersibles are fluorescent? They don't draw as much as the starfires.
    Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men...Matt 4:19

Post Thanks / Like

With two green FLOURESCENT lights you shouldn't have a problem. For the clamp ons, do NOT use 12V incandescent RV bulbs. Find you some compact flourescent 12V RV bulbs. Hard to find, but there is at least one guy on eBay selling them. At most, a 48" green light is 4 amps, the 12V compacts are 1 amp. two of each gets 10 amps. a 100 amp hour battery and you should have 8 good hours. I use two deep cycle batteries in my boat for the lights. The livewell runs off the starting battery.

Post Thanks / Like

when i go gigging at the coast, i run a 100 watt bulb off each battery. i use the used deep cycle $20.00 batteries with one bulb on each plus using spotlight, depthfinder, running lights and such. i get about 6-7 hours from each batt. which is about as long as the tide lasts anyway. never had a problem with starfires and such but don't usually fish for crappie more then about 6 hours anyway. starfires don't use near as much energy as 100 watters.
    Happiness is a belt fed weapon.

Some people have heroes that wear capes.
    MY heroes wear kevlar vests embossed with the Eagle, Globe and Anchor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast