Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville 5-13

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville 5-13

Fished a cove off Crows Creek (The first long creek SW of the dam) from 8-10 am. Two of us caught 10 short fish and one 11 1/2"--- Looks to be full of eggs... (still on ice). Using minnows under a float 3'-6' down in 4'-12 of water. The sole keeper came from under the boat when I laid my rod down to help my partner.

Talked to another guy fishing the same cove ... he got 5 keepers on a chartruse jig 8'-10' down in 12'-15' of water. Some of the smaller fish were quite active... a couple of them chased minnows that were being dragged just under the surface... way too fast to call trolling (I was just trying to keep them alive while changing spots.)

Finally got to use my new Hi-Tek rod holders. Love 'em. No more stepping over (or on) rods... Having the rods at the same height as the seat is luxury when crappie fishing from a bassboat.
    Last edited by ShortStorie; 05-14-2007 at 09:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Question smithville 5-13

How high was the lake?? Are the bridges passable underneath by boat??
    smile, people always wonder what you are up to

Post Thanks / Like

Lake is at 870.4' above sea level according to the Corps of Engineers site.
    Normal is 864.2, so it's a tad over 6' high. No problem getting under any of the bridges. Some floating debris... some of it BIG. More debris and mud farther north.