Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Up and down.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Up and down.

Up here in Mich they started biting about last Monday. Most were full of eggs.
    I'd get three here or 4 there. Day before yesterday I got 12 or 13 and only two had eggs. The males were completely empty.

Cold front came through night before and I only caught two yesterday. They were completely empty also.

Morel of the story?

Here in Michigan,, if sex is going to happen. It's going to happen fast!!

Then after catching the two at noon I was told to leave the marina I was fishing.

I was doing nothing illegal but the rich SOB just wanted to strut his stuff while a crowd of big boaters watched.
    This happened to me a couple years back at a yacht club too. I sent an e-mail off to the DNR for the laws on the subject and was notified the results.
    Then I lost the letter. Now I gotta go through it again.

Anyway in a nut shell it says. On a navigable waterway I can anchor (and fish) anywhere on that body except in a shipping lane. Well that makes sence to me.
    I cannot however get out of my boat on ones property trespass.

You would have been proud of me though. I never said anything (almost) to the guy and left. I was done fishing anyhow. 6:30 to noon for 2 fish.

When I get the rule, I'll have lots of copies of the law IN MY BOAT from now on. I've really had enough of being pushed around by a bunch of power hungry bastards with money.
    Mike

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Just ignore them and continue to fish if you are breaking no laws. If he escalates, take legal action against him. It will send a message that law abiding sportsmen and women have as much right to use public water ways as they do.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

You know though Spechunter.
    When a person is fishing and then gets into an exchange? It's like the anti-hunting ,fishing, or gun.
    If you do not portray your sport with the utmost dignity. You lose.

I am a SOB!!!!!
    I am the rudest, harshest, most belligerent person in the world when it comes to my family or my rights. (I hate being this way)
    Don't tell anyone I said that because I am not proud of the fact I cannot communicate very well.

I don't remember back if I posted the laws on the matter here or not. I don't believe I did.
    When I do get them back though. I'll post them on the Mi. board for there use.

If I lived in the states that can run 4,5,6,8 lines per person I wouldn't be so upset. Well,,,,, maybe not.

I sure do love my hand tied jigs though!!
    Now all I have to do is find a place to use them.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,

Please do post what you find out. I have always gotten unclear answers about fisherman's vs landowner's rights. I've been told that (on Michigan inland lakes) it is illegal to fish within 100 ft of a private dock, moored boat, private seawall, etc. In this case, what does Fish mean? Does it mean I can't anchor within 100 ft, does it mean I can't cast my line within 100 ft ? I have not gotten a straight answer from the MDNR. Dock fishing is very popular but if what I 've been told is true, it would be illegal on Michigan inland lakes.

I agree the fishing up here was better earlier last week. I posted some pics on the Michigan board from a couple nights last week.

Duke
    "The two best times to fish is when it's rainin' and when it ain't." --Patrick F MacManus