Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: falson smitty

Post Thanks / Like

Default falcon smitty

I just read you post on the crappie condos. I did the same thing this year and loved how they worked. Haven't been able to fish but once since I put them in, but when I did there was fish all over them. Just wanted to know some details of your limiting out trip in an hour and a half. How deep of water and how deep were fish, and water temp. Planning on fishing this weekend. Even though I am in SC i was still interested in the brush you were fishing. thanks
    Last edited by skm; 02-08-2005 at 11:23 PM.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

the water was coffee stained and 47 degrees. I anchored just off the 15' tall bamboo in 24' of water so my 12' rods would be about center. I tightlined tandem minnows tied directly to the line 8 inches apart on a drop shot kinda rig (small splitshot at bottom just enough to sink). I had a few double hookups. getting 2 in is tricky, I had to use the net. I caught fish from 10' to the bottom. The smaller fish were deeper and the bigger ones were shallower... backwards. good luck and remeber a good crappie trip starts with this>>>>

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

hey that looks like my truck. need some of that bamboo
    retired and now i will always fish

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

retired and now i will always fish