Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gator In Decatur!

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Gator In Decatur!

Who would have ever thought that there would be Alligators in the Tn. River. I just caught the boat last Tuesday and the Captain on the other crew was tell'n us about a Alligator that he and 2 of the deckcrew saw just below the Interstate 65 bridge in Decatur Al. a couple of weeks ago in broad daylight. He said it looked to be about 7' to 8' long and they got to watch it for some time as it swam beside the boat about 30 yards away! This ol'boy's a pretty straight shooter and both the deckhands swore they saw it too! So you guys that fish those parts watch out! The crappie might not be the only thing bite'n!
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

yea thats limestone creek area there several up in that area and also in flint creek nearby, i saw one that was every bit of 12 ft a few weeks ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gator in Decatur

You can thank TVA for that one. A few years ago, they were having trouble with beavers. So, they introduced some gators into the area to git rid of the beavers. Guess what? Now they have a gator problem! Duh!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

So I Was On The Arkansa River And My Road Toook Of And I Saw What I Had And It was A Gator
    REDNECK FISHIRM

Post Thanks / Like

Did you all hear about the the gater in wats bar lake, A game warden had to shoot it. We live with with them all the time hear in Florida, heck we just cut the tail and eat it.

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

Never figured why they make a big deal about them and want to kill them. It wouldn't bother me if they lived here.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by toothpick
    You can thank TVA for that one. A few years ago, they were having trouble with beavers. So, they introduced some gators into the area to git rid of the beavers. Guess what? Now they have a gator problem! Duh!
    Didn't they do this same thing in Northeast Arkansas many years ago? I seem to remember my dad telling me that they had a beaver problem on Big Lake or Mallard Lake and brought in gators. Then like you said, before long they had a gator problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Been here 60 years and although there have been a very few gators we have never had any problems.

"Didn't they do this same thing in Northeast Arkansas many years ago? I seem to remember my dad telling me that they had a beaver problem on Big Lake or Mallard Lake and brought in gators. Then like you said, before long they had a gator problem."

Post Thanks / Like

I am no gator expert, however I was raised in south east Texas. So, I was accustomed to seeing them there or in south Louisiana. I had no idea how far north you could find them. The biggest one I have ever seen in the wild was while I was fishing just out from the Arkansas post off of the canal between the White and Arkansas rivers. He seamed to be every bit as long as the 16' boat we were in. Now there is confirmation of at least one in the Little Maumelle that feeds into the Arkansas river just north of Little Rock. I wonder how far north they do go??
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a few in the Yell Co area. I've heard about one on Nimrod but never saw it. They are in Holla Bend Refudge north of us. Was told by rhe area manager of ones in Petit Jean State Wildlife Management Area. The lake (Kingfisher) by his house suppose to have ones that are big and reproducing. A commerical fisherman caught one several years ago in a hoop net in Petit Jean River.
    I saw one in the Arkansas Post area while bass fishing years ago. Arkansas has enough in places that a limited hunt is being proposed by Game and Fish.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast