Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Looking for another part time job!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for another part time job!

I need one after having boat trouble last week. I put on Kentucky Lake a week ago Monday. I got there right at daylight, it was a beautiful morning. After parking the truck I jumped in the boat eager to take off. To my suprise the boat wouldn't hit a lick! I got frustrated and watched several other people as they put in and took off to fish themselves. I got really frustrated but eventually decided to make the best of the situation and started fishing.

Despite the motor trouble, I began catching fish. By 11:30 I was trolling back to the ramp with a nice limit of Crappie. Never left site of the ramp! I should learn something from that. It helped to ease the pain of the motor trouble a bit. That is at least until I got the diagnosis.

Boat Doctor told me I had a bad power pack and timing sensor. Hit my wallet pretty hard...guess I'll have to mow a few extra yards now, but at leat I'll be back on the water.

I just hate to hear my friends who ride motorcycles or even worse, GOLF! tell me how a boat is just a hole you poor money into. lol!

Post Thanks / Like

At least they didn't lie to you!!!!!! :D

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to hear about your boat, but you are right about learning that you don't alway's have to go far to do good. I deer hunt some game management on a lake and a few years ago I was going scouting and blew my motor. It wasn't worth repairing and I didn't have the money at the time to replace the motor. I hunted all year with my trolling motor and got my best deer to date because I was forced to stay close instead of hunting my usual places.