Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: lost the fish

Post Thanks / Like

Angry lost the fish

what happened to the croppie in shelbyville ? until last friday I was doing good <>last two trips only 4 or 5 keepers <> been fishing deep water over brush 12--25 all year <> now they seem to have left the lake///
    perchjerker

Post Thanks / Like

Have the crappie you been getting off the deep brush spawned allready?
    :D Give a man a crappie you feed him for a day...teach a man to fish for crappie and get rid of him for the weekend!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by lebruce
    Have the crappie you been getting off the deep brush spawned allready?
    most of the females are showing signs of aborting ? eggs are turning dark and running <> I tried shallow <> saw and talked to people in shallows <> nothing but small males there --- talked to a friend and good fisherman this morning , said he looked all over his usual places yesterday , could,nt find anything ////
    perchjerker

Post Thanks / Like

What I would try do at this point is start slow trolling or drift fishing.They may have went to summer mold already.You might try posting your ? under the crappie.com area and see what others say.
    :D Give a man a crappie you feed him for a day...teach a man to fish for crappie and get rid of him for the weekend!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by perchjerker
    what happened to the croppie in shelbyville ? until last friday I was doing good <>last two trips only 4 or 5 keepers <> been fishing deep water over brush 12--25 all year <> now they seem to have left the lake///
    perchjerker
    I just got done fishing the tournaments there recently. They have indeed left the lake!! Go up either of the rivers into the dingiest water shallow. They are there, but are pretty stressed from spawning. Get out of the boat on to the banks, and creep up on the wood piles. Full baskets to ya! <,"}/>{Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

hi just found this board today 1-8-05 ,,, just started crappie fishing last couple of years more than bass fishing so i need all the help i can get.. i fish carlyle and rend lakes most of the time any pointers on getting started off this year right?

Post Thanks / Like

kads - Welcome to the board. I live just 15 miles from Lake Shelbyville so do most of my crappie fishing there. My daughter and her husband lived in Mt. Vernon for five years and during that time I fish crappie at Rend quite a few times. We always did well around the beaver lodges and their feed beds. I think Rend has more lodges than Shelbyville, at least during the time I was fishing it about 10 years ago. Keep us informed on the action at Rend and Carlyle.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

kads
    Welcome to the board. There are all kinds of threads on here that can keep a person reading all winter long about crappie and various techniques. Some will work good on Rend and Caryle while others will not. You just need to figure out what works best for you. Do not hesitate to ask a question especially on the main board. There are some crappie pro-fisherpeople that come in from time to time and are very helpful with their knowledge. As well as us amateurs there are guides that are on the boards frequently.

Think you'd enjoy getting on the chat line also. Usually several on every evening around 6 or 7 CST till way up into the wee hours of the morning.

Glad to have you on board and look forward to hearing how fishing is on your lakes.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I just returned from a drive around Lake Shelbyville. I have never seen the water this high this time of year. We counted 104 deer in State Park East. At State Park East the water is about two feet below the top of the high water ramp. The Whitley Creek ramp is closed at the entrance to the parking lot. At Coal Shaft the water covers the gravel parking area and is into the trees as you would drive down the gravel road to the parking lot. At the Findlay Marina the water is several feet up on the bath house at the swimming beach and the parking area is under water. The high water ramp is open at Bo Woods and there were two trucks with boat trailers in the parking lot. Did these belong to any of you guys on the board?
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry guys - I was talking about the Fox Harbor Marina area, not the Findlay Marina.
    Ken