Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mark It As A Sub Par Year

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mark It As A Sub Par Year

Having made seven fishing trips since early March. Five to Stockton, and two at Truman. Some trips have been in poor weather conditions, and some in fair (not perfect) conditions.. The crappie just seem to be in a unusual pattern, catch one here and one there, no real spawn as in some good years.. I would mark this year as a "sub par" spawn for crappie, blaming it on a number of factors.... weather changes...cold to warn, warm to cool, and now the problem with rising lake waters, causing the crappie to seek another spawning area. I can remember this happening several years past, whereas, the crappie absorbed their eggs, and didn't spawn... I think this year will be in that same catagory...

My theory. wait will the lake levels stabilized, and weather gets in the normal mode, and the crappie are back at their mid year depths over sunken brush piles, and try my luck.

Post Thanks / Like

and we will see a weaker population in 3-4 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

It will be what It will be and we shall have to adapt and overcome go forth with a vengence and seek out your prey it will be there!

Post Thanks / Like

Question what

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man
    It will be what It will be and we shall have to adapt and overcome go forth with a vengence and seek out your prey it will be there!
    i a going to have to have another tall 1 and think about this:p go beagle
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER