Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Web browsers

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Web browsers

I know this has been touched upon before but I'm looking for a little more in depth advice. I have always used Internet Explorer because it just happened that way. I just ordered a new computer and was wondering if I would be better off with another browser and why. Any opinions? I sure hope I don't regret asking that. LOL
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    I know this has been touched upon before but I'm looking for a little more in depth advice. I have always used Internet Explorer because it just happened that way. I just ordered a new computer and was wondering if I would be better off with another browser and why. Any opinions? I sure hope I don't regret asking that. LOL
    Bill, Like you I have always used IE until just recently. Taking some advice from friends, I switched to Netscape 7.2. I have been very pleased with my choice so far.
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Don, told ya you would like it. Amazing how all of the popups just go away huh?

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What if?

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy
    Don, told ya you would like it. Amazing how all of the popups just go away huh?
    But what if you need some of those pop-ups? For instance, if I go into my companies web site and need to research availability of parts, they use pop ups.

Could I have 2 browsers on the same machine and still use both of them?

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    But what if you need some of those pop-ups? For instance, if I go into my companies web site and need to research availability of parts, they use pop ups.

Could I have 2 browsers on the same machine and still use both of
    them?
    Yes you can Bill. I use Netscape but IE is available if I want to use it.
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

DonG, would you recommend getting the CD for Netscape 7.2 along with the guidebook? Its only 9.95 and I was thinking maybe the guidebook might make it worth it.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I use Mozilla Firefox web browser. Very fast, doesnot have security flaws like IE,no pop ups,or spam.Go to Mozilla.org and download for free.Just had a write up about it in business section on local newspaper Virginia Pilot on Monday

Post Thanks / Like

I'm an IS Mgr and I use Mozilla's FireFox as my primary browser and it works very well. If I encounter a site that it dosen't display well I just open it in IE but those site are few and for between. I also switched to Mozilla's Thunderbird as my email client here at home as well as at work. Go read the reviews at www.cnet.com and choose for yourself, as I'm sure you will not ever look back to regret it!

My $.02

Post Thanks / Like

I sure need to change something, IE and OE both are unstable and I have to work on both to keep them operating. Microsoft won't touch it because Dell loaded it, and Dell wants me to pay for their time since it's out of warranty, but they put me off till the warranty expired. I thought they were better than that.

Post Thanks / Like

If you change over to Mozilla's browser will you encounter problems with the MSN Messenger feature?

I use the Messinger all the time using the audio and web cam to talk to my kids and family.
    "You should have been here yesterday!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast