Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Middle TN Walleyes/Sauger

Post Thanks / Like

Default Middle TN Walleyes/Sauger

What is everyone's favorite lake in middle Tennessee to troll for walleye & sauger in the summertime. And is anyone catching them yet?

I caught several last summer trolling on the Cumberland river in Old Hickory lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Default TN River/KY Lake

I enjoy sauger fishin near Savanah TN (Father in Law lives there) when we visit. I have caught a few near New Johnsonville, but have heard the mouth of the Duck River near Cuba landing is a good spot too. I intend to try it soon, but haven't heard of any good sauger reports yet.

Post Thanks / Like

sauger seems to be slow on old hickory this year. no current. jim duckworth said he has cancelled all of his scheduled sauger trips on OH this year.

Post Thanks / Like

When they are running 2 turbines the sauger fishing is pretty good below Ft. Loudon dam.

Post Thanks / Like

Backlashed:

I used to know an older fellow who caught lots of walleyes below Great Falls Dam....
    (Rock Island) in the headwaters of Center Hill lake. He trolled plugs , and always
    cleaned a nice mess. There is a good ramp below the dam at the State Park there.
    Good luck !

Post Thanks / Like

I went with a friend who fishes for sauger and walleye all the time. He knows Tellico and the are around Stakleys Mill real well. We caught a limit of suger this morning in about 4 hours. Actually he caught 6 of the 10. We floated with the current and jigged 3/4 oz lead heads with Salt Water assassins. Not my favorite way to fish but it is productive at times.

Post Thanks / Like

what does that have to do with sauger fishing????