Tryed my skills at crappie fishing at both lakes and found that the bite was about the same. Got surface temps at Acton around 62 - 64 this was up to about 11 am. Had several nice crappie about 10 - 11 inches (9) and that was about it got them mostly on minnow but did get a couple on white roadrunner. Most the people I talked to were having about the same kind of luck.
Tryed Cowan on Wed. and not much luck there either. Plenty of dinks for sure , couldn't keep them off the hook. Caught about 60 (minnow and roadrunner) in all but most were in the 6-8 inch range. Had 7 nice crappies 11-12 but caught them out of the wood early and on a roadrunner. The first half hour from 6:30 to 7:00 was when the larger were caught, then they just died? Drifited around also with not much success either, out by the island and any were the wind would take me to see if i could find them. Water temprature there was between 65 -67 a little warmer but pretty close to Acton. There were quite a few shad floating around dead no idea what caused that.

Any one else having any type of sucess this year?