Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: any one tried crappie stuffed jalapenos?

Post Thanks / Like

Default any one tried crappie stuffed jalapenos?

i was reading a few recipes on here and putting a few of them together made me think of crappie stuffed jalapenos. just bake the fillets till done and flake into a bowl. stuff the peppers and grill. maybe a piece of bacon wrapped around it.

has anyone tried this before? any good?

Post Thanks / Like

Havent tried it but it sure sounds good!:D

Post Thanks / Like

That does sound good. Try them this way too. Just replace crab meat with flaked crappie.

1 lb flaked crab meat (2 cans) 1/4 tsp salt
    1 lb jalapeno peppers 1/4 tsp black pepper
    2 tbsp ea, finely chopped 1/8 cayenne pepper(optional)
    green bell pepper, onion, and dill pickle 1 clove minced garlic
    1/4 cup cracker meal (bread crumbs) 1/4 cup milk
    1 beaten egg (breading mixture)

Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise. Disacard pulp and seeds and rinse carefully. In a large mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients except breading mixture. Stuff pepper halves with crab mixture and press stuffing around pepper. Set peppers aside. To prepare Breading mixture, place 2 cups craker meal (bread crumbs) in a flat pan. In a separte pan, mix 1 cup milk, 2 eggs and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Dip peppers in mixture, then in cracker meal (bread crumbs). Repeat procedure. Deep fry at 365 degrees until golden brown. Drain on paper towel. Makes 30 horsd'oeuvres. Serve with a queso or ranch dressing.

Post Thanks / Like

That does sound good. I have taken some fillets and boil them with lots of old bay to give it a crabby taste. Remove them from the water and let cool.
    That would probably work real good for something like that.

You could mix the crappie with bread crumbs, cheese and all kinds of stuff. uhmmm. Making me hungry now!

One trick I've learned recently with bacon-wrapped stuff is to slightly cook your bacon first. Either in a skillet or in the microwave. Never did that before and now wonder why I never did. :D Lot less grease and flare ups. Taste just the same.
    Currently a non-fishing slacker! (not for too much longer)