Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: chennille on jigs????? help!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default chennille on jigs????? help!!!!!

will someone tell me or point me to a video that explains the best way to put chennille on a jig? I have gotten pretty good a re-producing my favorite jigs w/out chennille but have a few i would like to copy with chennille...any help would be appreciated....thanks

HOLD YO HEAD UP MULEY

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How to tie a great jig

Send a PM to Skip to my Lou at Thumpit Jigs. He is an expert in tying jigs using this technique. In fact, Skip please post your thoughts on this forum to help us all out. Thanks man.

old ship
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Tie your feathers or whatever you're using on. Leave the thread hanging near the head, lay a strip of chennille in line with the jig, and the chennille pointing towards the head. Start wrapping, working towards the back of the jig. When you get to the back, let the thread hang, now wrap your chennille tight (against the last wrap), once you get to the head, let the chennille hang. Now, wrap your thread around the chennille, try to wrap it between the runs of chennille. Wiggle the bobbin so as to "cut through" the outer layer of chennille so the thread will be hidden. Once you get to the head, give it about three wraps then start tying it off with your favorite knot. I use about 3-4 half hitches with glue, others prefer other knots. I like to wiggle the thread back and forth while tying the knot to insure no slack in the thread. Cut the chennille and the thread and that's all there is to it.
    Good Luck!
    Last edited by Crappie Reaper; 05-09-2007 at 05:03 AM.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

You have a PM

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great looking jigs

Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu
    You have a PM
    All crappie fisherman should own some of Skips jigs.I know they will catch fish,but I liked mine so well I put them in the display case with my knife collection!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coosajimmy
    All crappie fisherman should own some of Skips jigs.I know they will catch fish,but I liked mine so well I put them in the display case with my knife collection!
    Thanks for the nice words, but man fish with them! You are too kind!

You know and I really don't say this in a bragging way as I can't stand that kind of behavior, but sometime I shock my self. I am blessed to have this talent that was God given because my jig started looking pretty good the first week I started tying. Not that I have not improved, but my jigs looked pretty good for sure within a month. I was told by a old pro fly tier that I was a natural after about 1 month of tying, what ever that means, LOL!

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks all for the info....a lot of what i have learned is on video all over the web....but i never found anything about chennille thank God for crappie.com...lol....now i think with a lil practice i will be a good one also....one feller at work already said he wanted fifty of my red neck gray's....guess i better get busy.....

HOLD YO HEAD UP MULEY

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Skip,

Your jigs are pretty darn good. Some are as good as mine. LOL. Thanks for mine.

old ship
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.