Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Tactics

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Tactics

Have any of you read "Crappie Tactics" by Larry Larsen? I'm especially interested to have your review of the section that deals with learning how to find the fish and the section on electronics. Is this good, basic material?

Tugaloo

whiplash Guest

Default tugaloo

Quote Originally Posted by Tugaloo
    Have any of you read "Crappie Tactics" by Larry Larsen? I'm especially interested to have your review of the section that deals with learning how to find the fish and the section on electronics. Is this good, basic material?

Tugaloo
    check out monster crappie.com tim huffman has some very good books on crappie ---they sure helped me when I started [caps and coleman] one of the best

Post Thanks / Like

I was not impressed with the Crappie Tactics book. I prefer more detailed information. I thought the book was very general. I believe articles on this site and some others are much better. He has written 18 books on fishing. I prefer an author who has written 18 books on crappie fishingor one who specializes in crappie fishing. The book and chapters you mentioned do not give bad information, just not enough of it.

Post Thanks / Like

I as well was not impresed with it I I advise just buying a few vids insted just dont buy the book. And I saw the same problems as whizkids.
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Post Thanks / Like

Tugaloo,steve Wunderle Has A Couple Good Books,as Does Tim Huffman.i Agree With Above Posts,kinda Like Being A Jack Of All Trades And Master Of None! Not That Im Saying Theres Anything Wrong With His Books--just That Someone Who Specializes In One Thing Is Usually Much Better At It! Dennis
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com