Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Squirrel Hunter

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Squirrel Hunter

As it stands right now, we will be down there Wed. We don't get an early start like you do. Leave the house at 8, stop at Gail's for bait, and usually stop at Southland for breakfast. Will most likely be in my buddies boat, a 16 bass tracker with a 25 merc on it. Hope to see you there and anyone else that wants to catch a lot of yellow perch.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

My boy is dying to catch some fish where are you guys catching the perch? I live near the mattaponi and pamunkey but the bite isnt on there yet.We are up in the air about where were going this weekend, fished the james and the chick this past weekend and got nothing!

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crash14me2
    My boy is dying to catch some fish where are you guys catching the perch? I live near the mattaponi and pamunkey but the bite isnt on there yet.We are up in the air about where were going this weekend, fished the james and the chick this past weekend and got nothing!
    Upper end of the North River in NC. If you are interested, let me know and I'll tell you how to get there. Everbody I know calls it Indian Town because that is the name of the creek where the ramp is. And the name of the road the ramp is on. The ramp is one of those "not much to it park along side of the road" type. But hey, you gotta go where the fish are.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    Upper end of the North River in NC. If you are interested, let me know and I'll tell you how to get there. Everbody I know calls it Indian Town because that is the name of the creek where the ramp is. And the name of the road the ramp is on. The ramp is one of those "not much to it park along side of the road" type. But hey, you gotta go where the fish are.
    I am very interested . Im looking at a map is it actually called the northwest river? Also can I get my 16' fisher w/ 35 mer in there? I have a 4x4 suburban so im not worried about getting it in and out. You can email me with directions and any suggestions for yellow perch if you dont mind. I will be coming down 64 from Richmond. We would love to check it out this weekend. Thanks [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crash14Me2

Actually this place is in North Carolina off of rt 158 and East of Elizabeth City. So you would need North Carolina fishing license. But Northwest River is also a good place to catch them this time of the year. Let me know which one and I'll tell you how to get there.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    Actually this place is in North Carolina off of rt 158 and East of Elizabeth City. So you would need North Carolina fishing license. But Northwest River is also a good place to catch them this time of the year. Let me know which one and I'll tell you how to get there.
    Well I dont mind the drive and if you guys are catching fish in NC I will gladly take a small trip for my boy. Lets go with where the fish are hitting!

Post Thanks / Like

Bill, look me up. My truck is a new F-150 extended cab. My boat is a white, 16 ft. wooden job with a Yamaha on the back. I'll have my digital camera with me and thought it might be fun to take some pics. of our boats rigged and fishing.

I should be within sight of the cut-through.

Crash, I would be happy to meet you tomorrow A.M. and show you the way.If not tomorrow then Sat. or Sun. Call me if interested. 449-6125 It would be pretty hard to get you on the spots with just directions. You need to slow troll multiple rods with small minnows under floats. At least that works for me. Your 16' boat with a 35 is fine.
    Father of 4 time bash winner. At least I'm pretty sure:o

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel hunter
    Bill, look me up. My truck is a new F-150 extended cab. My boat is a white, 16 ft. wooden job with a Yamaha on the back. I'll have my digital camera with me and thought it might be fun to take some pics. of our boats rigged and fishing.

I should be within sight of the cut-through.

Crash, I would be happy to meet you tomorrow A.M. and show you the way.If not tomorrow then Sat. or Sun. Call me if interested. 449-6125 It would be pretty hard to get you on the spots with just directions. You need to slow troll multiple rods with small minnows under floats. At least that works for me. Your 16' boat with a 35 is fine.
    Is that an 804 area code? I will not be able to make it till the weekend. Will you be heading there sat or sun? I think sunday would be better for me. Let me know. Thanks , Wayne
    Last edited by crash14me2; 02-08-2005 at 09:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Crash, It was good talking to you yesterday.
    Call me when you get your plan together and we will make arrangements for this weekend. Are you set up with rod holders? I may have a few clamp on jobs that you can borrow or you can buy them cheap at wal-mart.
    Father of 4 time bash winner. At least I'm pretty sure:o