Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Kissimmee river

Swanie Guest

Default Kissimmee river

Went to the Kissimmee river twice today. Launch at 6:30 AM and found my brattrey to start the boat was dead. So I had jumper cables in the boat and I jump the boat and got it started. then we ran up the river to the area we fish. put the trolling motor down and the trolling motor was dead. So we went back to the car and loaded the boat up and took it back home.started checking things out and found that a circute braker had triped. Restet it and everything was just great. Went back to the river.We finally got to start fishing around 8 AM. This was just to late for the bit, We did end up with 6 nice crappies. Oh well maybe we will have better luck tomorrow.

Later Swanie

Post Thanks / Like

Swanie,

Have any luck today? I've been following your comments on Kissimmee River, sounds as if you have been having good luck. I live about 30 miles East of Okeechobee (Port St. Lucie) hopefully I will be able to head to the river tomorrow (Wednesday), normally put in at Okeetantie.

Take care and good luck.

REB

Swanie Guest

Went out today and we only got 12. The bite has slowed down the last 2 days.
    Had a couple of guys that went to Indian Prarie and they did a little better down there.
    I think the crappies are running a little bigger in the river. I will be putting in at Oeektantie arount 6:30 am.