Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stripers and crappie fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stripers and crappie fishing.

Any stories of stripers while crappie fishing?

If you've done much night fishing you know how stripers (hybrids) can affect your fishing time. Last night I had a "nice" stripers, the first one was pretty good size and broke off before I ever saw him, the second was a 3 pounder that helped me decide I needed to retie ALL of my lines.

Here's my post on the rest of the night. We kept 49 and most of them were big!
    http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=40665

Good fishing,
    Eddie
    Last edited by eddiebhome; 09-18-2007 at 03:50 PM.
    Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men...Matt 4:19

Post Thanks / Like

Now that's a mess. I like catching stripers, but I don't like messes like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I had it happen to me once on Jordan Lake. I would guess it was 14-16 inches long but I know for sure it wasn't a keeper(20" on Jordan). I didn't measure it because I thought it had messed up my friend's lines and I wanted him to catch fish while I untangled my lines but fortunately it didn't get my buddy's lines. It made for a great story to tell!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I get into stripers sometimes fishing for crappie. I have an aluminum Jon boat with rod holders and those stripiers make the whole boat ring when they hit. The biggest one I caught last summer was 9 pounds which wasn't easy on a crappie pole.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

one of the reasons I don't like them dang fish.. They are crappie fishing along with us...

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FalconSmitty
    one of the reasons I don't like them dang fish.. They are crappie fishing along with us...
    I`m with you Smitty, on the lake I fish,Lanier they stock about 500.000 a year the only fish they stock and they eat anything smaller than they are.It`s hard to catch a good brim now days cause they eat them up.Don`t think they have hurt the crappie yet but I know theier would be a lots more if not for those eating machines. Wish I could make slab fest but will be in PC Beach, hope to make one some times, sounds like a great time for all..Good Fishing...Dennis

Post Thanks / Like

I caught this one a few weeks back. I got lucky; the fish went under the boat. And when I was able, I got my pole on the outside. It took me quite a while to land this sucker. Now I know why guys target these fish. What a blast.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

they are a blast to fight for sure and easy to catch because they eat anything that wiggles or smells.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishingpox
    I caught this one a few weeks back. I got lucky; the fish went under the boat. And when I was able, I got my pole on the outside. It took me quite a while to land this sucker. Now I know why guys target these fish. What a blast.
    Looks like a hybrid you got there. They fight really hard.

Post Thanks / Like

I HATE those nasty things. My lake is loaded with them. You can't troll a hundred yards without catching one. Too bad there isn't any bears around, I would give them a daily picinic basket for free.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast