Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NO GAS...ON May 15th 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Default NO GAS...ON May 15th 2007

Don't pump gas on may 15th 2007

In April 1997,there was a "gas out" conducted nationwide in protest of gas prices. Gasoline prices dropped 30 cents over night.

On may 15th 2007,all internet users are not to go to a gas station in protest of high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon in most places.

There are 73,000,000+ American members currently on the internet network,and the average car takes about 30 to 50 dollars to fill up.

If all users did not go to the pump on the 15th,it would take $2,292,000,000.00(that's almost 3 BILLION)out of the oil companies pockets for just one day,so please do not go to the gas station on May 15th and lets try to put a dent in the Middle Eastern oil industry for at least one day.

If you agree(which I can't see why you wouldn't)resend this to all your contact list.With it saying."Don't pump gas on May 15th.

GOOD LUCK FISHING TO ALL!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

You know, I've seen this email at least a dozen times in the last week, and I don't see how it will affect the oil industry at all. If no one buys gas on the 15th, then they'll buy even more than normal on the 14th & 16th. The daily average will be the same, so the big oil companies won't feel the effect at all.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not in favor of big oil. I have heard of one other way to hit them, and that was to boycott one big oil company like ExxonMobil and never buy gas from them again. If their sales drop, they are more likely to drop their prices to get more business. When that happens, a mini price war gets going with other gas suppliers and that helps the consumers.

Overall, we are screwed and they know it. It must be nice to set your own price and no one can figure out what you base it on...:rolleyes:
    - Life is good! :D

Post Thanks / Like

The problem with the avoid one company thing is they will sell their surplus to other companies so it still balances out. The only way to get prices down is to not use as much. Supply and demand. They know we love to drive and they will keep prices up as high as they can as long as we still hit the pump hard. Until a viable alternative is widely used, don't expect gas to be under $2-$2.50 ever again. I say we offer them $20 a barrel for oil and say take it or leave it. We are one of the few countries that pay a steep price for oil. Some countries pay less than half what we pay. Of course, some countries don't have to load it all on a tanker and cross the ocean either.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

just don`t use no more than we have to . quit buying the gass guzlers . share rides . ride a bicyckle if possable . we ride to work in a car and git home and ride the stationary bike more than the distance to work
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

No one is a bigger tight wad than I. The simple truth is that the world economy is booming. More fuel is being used worldwide tha ever before. There is a shortage of drilling and refining, which is the only solution until a viable alternative is put into use. As bad as we hate to admit it, it is simply supply and demand which is controlling prices just as it does everything else. The only thing we can do is to cut usage as much as possible. In the end, however, nothing controls high prices like high prices.

Post Thanks / Like

Ethanol!!! Big oil has not been able to sink its teeth into the ethanol industry. they are fighting it tooth and nail saying that it won't work. It can be done and should be done. It will hit them in the pocket book real hard over time. If we can cut gas usage by switching to at least 25% ethanol, Then we have cut their profits by a fourth. Being we are the largest user of gasoline in the world, that would really hurt. The fact that they are so outspoken against Ethanol tells me something. If you don't buy gas for a day and they see it will cause a glut in gasoline stocks then they will simply cut refining until stocks lower again to their liking. The best way to hurt them is to severly curb demand by not using gas. You are also diversifying the source of energy and the people who get the money with renewable fuels. That makes big oil less powerful and creates a competition with an alternative source. That is when the prices will go down or at least stabilize. There are other things this will help as well. It will cut back the need of foreign oil and it will cut back the money paid to farmers as subsidies. I am a corn farmer and will not need subsidies with corn over 4 dollars a bushell. I can finnaly make money from the market and not from the government in the form of a welfare check. If inflation was added in from the 1970's, corn would be 15 dollars a bushell now. So it is still cheap at 6 or 7 dollars a bushell. That makes 4 dollar corn bargain basement cheap although you will hear people say that it should never go this high. They need to try to grow it one time and find out it don't grow for free. This is knocking out several birds with one stone. Bottom line is that you are paying higher prices for food either through higher market prices that support my living or you pay higher through taxes to keep me afloat. I'd rather have it through fair market prices. Sorry to get off topic but Ethanol dovetails into several different important issues. The main thing is there is a vehicle in place to cut the power of big oil and it is Ethanol. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I hear you C F .Not buying gas won`t do it like its been said we are going to drive and I know we are going to fish so we will buy more before the 15 are after the 15.The only way that would work is if we did not need the gas and like I said, we are going to drive and WE ARE GOING FISHING Bring on the enthaol.. Hope you have a great year farming and fishing..Dennis

Post Thanks / Like

9 miles away from me they are biulding a ethanol plant. One station here in town is selling gas ethanol mix, it is 20 cents a gallon cheaper than gas. But you loose milage burning it and most car can not burn it now. A conversion kit is out on the market for around 200 bucks.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zappaf19
    9 miles away from me they are biulding a ethanol plant. One station here in town is selling gas ethanol mix, it is 20 cents a gallon cheaper than gas. But you loose milage burning it and most car can not burn it now. A conversion kit is out on the market for around 200 bucks.
    Bill
    That should turn on a light bulb. It is a little cheaper, but burns less efficiently. That is not the only problem with widespread use of ethanol, it takes $1.27 worth of energy to produce $1.00 worth of ethanol. The price of corn is skyrocketing. That means anything in the grocery store that has corn or corn products in it will rise. There is more, but I tend to get a little wordy sometimes.
    Last edited by billhaik; 05-06-2007 at 07:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

well what we need to do is stop importing oil we are losing more money when i say we i mean the US and the people by exporting our oil for other things then having to import oil if we would use what we have been sitting on for thousands of years then i bet gas would be a little cheaper

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast