Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Day ended quickly

Post Thanks / Like

Default Day ended quickly

Well there we were, me and my son. We dicided to fish from the bank this morning. Dock actually. He wanted to use his new spincasting reel. We only had two poles along. After about two casts, he doesn't like the left-hand retreive so he unscrews it to put it on the other side. Fumble, plop. Day over. Now I can't find a new handle anywhere. I went to the manufacturer's website. Nope. Local outdoor store said nope. Wal-mart. Nope. Probably cost more than a new reel after shipping from the manufacturer. If I can get one. I had to email them and ask for a quote. Looked on BPS website too with no luck. Anybody know where I can get replacement handles?

Post Thanks / Like

Well - there is always goggles and a swim. That wouldn't cost you anything. I know I've dropped a lot of equipment in the water and where its possible I just go in after it and get it back. How deep was it where you were?
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

It probably was around 5 or six feet off the dock, but he got really upset and wanted to leave. Poor guy. I wasn't mad or anything, I thought it was kinda funny. The water is kinda murky with all the rain we've had the past few days. Hopefully it won't cost but a couple bucks plus $19.95 shipping.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

How about fishing with a magnet? Might get it back.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    This is a good Idea. Buddy of mine had his brother out with him and when he went to get in the boat he threw him the truck keys.:rolleyes: Two hours and a big magnet later he let people use the ramp again. :D
    NEED MORE COWBELL!!
    JD

Post Thanks / Like

go to the manafacture site contact info.send an e-mail explaining zactly what happened and they will probabally just send you a new handle. plano sent me a new clear top for my pss box for free and paid the shipping also.
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    Didn't think of that. Didn't have one handy either, but I might go back with one and try. I wonder if it's steel or aluminum? I emailed Shakespeare support. Guess it's just wait and see. He was just about in tears because it was brand new.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll check and see if any of the spinning reels I dont use are shakespeare, What size reel is it?

Post Thanks / Like

thats what i was gonna say i bet one of us on here has one that will fit that we never use. it a shakespeare?

Post Thanks / Like

I know I have several different handles in a box of parts. I would be more than happy to put em in an envelope and mail some to you...one may work. Message me your address if interested.
    Everyone has a secret talent they didn't know about until tequila.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast