Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Saturday West Point Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday West Point Report

I fished Yellowjacket creek on West Point this past Saturday. We trolled some in about 20 to 30 feet of water and also fished vertical on a couple of bridge pilings. Only managed three. The fish were thick around the piling we were on, but wouldn't bite. They weren't hitting at all until I put on a red and chartreuse tube, and then we caught our three. Tried every color I had. Didn't seem like anyone else was doing any good either. At least who we talked to. The piling we were on was in 35 feet of water and we were catching the fish at 30 feet. So they were deep and lethargic. It was a beautiful day though and it was good to be fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Fishing Report

Good fishing report Crapster, Sounds like the fishing is tough every where. I went to a local pond yesterday, It was a nice day but the barometric pressure was high and i had no bites, But it was nice to get out again. At least you didn't get skunked like I did. I was fishing from the bank too. I had ordered some new jigs from charlie brewers crappie sliders that I wanted to try out. Charlie bee, Something like the road runner only it has a willow leaf blade instead of the small colorado round blade. Red head white/chart. body. Thanks for the report, Good luck! Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not surprised at your report, it has been tough just to gather up a few this past week or so.....they really should be turning on soon I would hope.....
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappster
    I fished Yellowjacket creek on West Point this past Saturday. We trolled some in about 20 to 30 feet of water and also fished vertical on a couple of bridge pilings. Only managed three. The fish were thick around the piling we were on, but wouldn't bite. They weren't hitting at all until I put on a red and chartreuse tube, and then we caught our three. Tried every color I had. Didn't seem like anyone else was doing any good either. At least who we talked to. The piling we were on was in 35 feet of water and we were catching the fish at 30 feet. So they were deep and lethargic. It was a beautiful day though and it was good to be fishing.
    BUDMAN

Post Thanks / Like

Going to West Point next weekend. 2/19/05. Hope it picks up by then. I'm ready to fish!!!!
    BUDMAN