Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Finally cought some night fishin.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finally cought some night fishin.

Finally had a little luck with the night stalking. Caught 4 crappie and a catfish. Got them on ice and am going to bed! Try to get a pick and post it in the morning.
    Brian

Will fish for food!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on your catch. 4 and a cat is better than nothing. How deep of water were you fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FishnLine
    Congrats on your catch. 4 and a cat is better than nothing. How deep of water were you fishing?
    Water was 15 feet but fish were about 4 feet by a huge blowdown. Tried depths all the way to 14 feet. Never did get that swarm of bait fish every body keeps talkin about. Had a few minnows and could see a few shad, but not a "swarm".
    Brian

Will fish for food!

Post Thanks / Like

You may want to move into deeper water. Maybe around 20-25 ft deep near a creek/river channel ledge or a point. You don't have to have any visible cover. The lights will attract the bait and fish. I like to ride up and down a creek or river channel ledge and look for some kind of cover on the bottom (but it's not necessary) and anchor close to the cover, but not over it, because you may get hung up more. Try fishing different depths and try different locations and you'll start getting on some. I don't always see a lot of bait fish, but some nights it looks like there's enough to swim off with my boat. Good luck on your next trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes, bridges can also be good places.

Post Thanks / Like

can't get much deeper. 20 to 25 is the deepest we got and there aint much of that. Most folks round here never fish more than 10 feet deep for crappie. I think your right about the ledges and points and I know where some are. Just working around trying different areas till I find "the spot".
    Brian

Will fish for food!

Post Thanks / Like

By the way, about 20 feet from where I was is a small area of 20 foot water. Should I fish the bank ledge or the other side where it has no bank, just a flat with 4 and 5 feet of water that drops quick into the 20 foot hole. No cover in the hole, but loads of logs and such on the flat.
    Brian

Will fish for food!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beenfishin?
    By the way, about 20 feet from where I was is a small area of 20 foot water. Should I fish the bank ledge or the other side where it has no bank, just a flat with 4 and 5 feet of water that drops quick into the 20 foot hole. No cover in the hole, but loads of logs and such on the flat.
    I would anchor in the 20ft of water right next to the drop off. What lake are you fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FishnLine
    I would anchor in the 20ft of water right next to the drop off. What lake are you fishing?
    the aberdeen lake on the tenntom waterway. Its the one north of columbus.
    Brian

Will fish for food!