Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crankbait colors in clear water?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crankbait colors in clear water?

I have been doing a lot of reading on here and I have ordered some Bandit 200 series CBs and some grave diggers cranks from cabelas. I mostly have ordered silvers and chromes because the water I am going to be fishing in will be very clear. I was wondering if any of you guys and gals have colors that you like to use in clear water. The water temps here in Southern California are just about to hit the low 70's and I have about three weeks until I can get on the lakes. I want to be ready to try some trolling.

Post Thanks / Like

Some good info here if you haven't already read it. http://www.crappie.com/jeff/ While my water is not super clear it does get pretty clear and I have not had a lot of luck with chrome, I like solid white, red craw and anything with chartruse, just the colors that seem to work best for me. Of course the next time I go chrome will be the hot color. I hope you hear from Jeff, he can give you some good info.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

stevej set you up with the right spot,,by the way where did you find the pic by your handle,,,thought i was looking at my self---fuzz
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

For really clear water, I like a clear sided bait with prism inserts.Take a good look at the rapala glass shad series.Natural colrs generally work better in clear water, but on a cloudy day the citrus shad is one of my number one baits. PJ