Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake Talquin CrappieUSA Tournament

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Lake Talquin CrappieUSA Tournament

Just wanted to put up a quick post on the CrappieUSA Super Mega event that went on down at Lake Talquin in FL.

My partner and I tied for 1st place in the Amateur division, weighing in 7 fish at 12.90 lbs. Our big fish was 2.17 lbs. All the details will be posted on www.crappieusa.com later. There were 41 boats in the Amateur division for this particular event. We fished down by the dam in 25 - 30 ft of water slow-trolling and pulling our fish out of anywhere from 12 - 15ft deep.....we had to double-rig 1/16 oz head to get down that deep.....

Also - I have gotten a few questions about where I get my supplies from and I wanted to post that information here as well, since it is by far the ABSOLUTE BEST place I have ever seen as far as quality, selection, and prices anywhere.....

The name of the place is called The Crappie Shop in Gray, GA (owned by Steve Deason), who by the way finished in 1st place of the Pro division in this even at Lake Talquin weighing in 13.09 lbs in 7 fish. I believe that is the correct weight. You will never find a shop that caters to crappie fisherman quite like this one does....and he will be at the Fish-O-Rama this upcoming weekend in Perry, GA for those of you that will be attending!

Anyhow his shop information is as follows:

The Crappie Shop in Gray, GA (Middle GA)
    478-743-0058
    Steve Deason is the owner.

He is also the one that has rigged out my boat and outfitted it perfectly for crappie fishing....including all the rod holders and Pro-Air bubble system for my livewell....it is well worth the trip if you are anywhere even close by....and even if you aren't that close you might want to call him, depending on the size of the order you might be able to work out some sort of shipping arrangements.
    Last edited by GABoy; 02-07-2005 at 11:45 AM.
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Crappie USA Tournament

Go Georgia Boy! Nice job, Also thanks for the info. on the crappie shop. Will check them out.Got to get my map down and see how far Perry is from Savannah.Catch you later, Jimmy S.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

congrats gb. Looks like you da man. Keep it up except west point

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you!!

I would certainly recommend making it out to the Fish-O-Rama if you can.....you will see his booth, and if you can't let me know and I can either post some photos of some products and see if you are interested in some things.....okay??

He has probably the most sensitive/limber fishing rods I have ever used.....PERFECT for trolling...they are called, "Crappie Champions Choice" and they are amazing.....that is what I have for all of my personal rods in the front.....8fters, 10fters, 12fter, and 14fters.....and he also has up to 16fters in stock too......and down to 6fters if you want some for the back of the boat too.....

Here is kind of what they look like....they are fantastic.....and I will post some of his jig heads and stuff too later on.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FalconSmitty
    congrats gb. Looks like you da man. Keep it up except west point
    I don't know if I can promise to slack off at West Point.....hee hee!!! I am not known for being a slacker....SORRY!!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Here are some of the variety of jig-heads that he has in stock at The Crappie Shop too...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Gaboy, give me some more infor on that fisharama. [email protected].
    I may need directions. Good job man, once again UDAMAN. Did you see Pan man from Florida?
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

i will get the details on the fish-o-rama tomorrow morning, i don't have them all since I just restocked at his store. I wasn't planning on going. I have everything I need hopefully to get me through a month or so....

I will get all the details for you.

I am not sure if I saw him or not, I don't think I even know what he looks like honestly.

Thanks a bunch man!!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Hey GAboy, those six footers you said he has....are they custom made? I'd be interested in another ultralight in the 5 to 6 foot range. I'm not sure if I can make it to the fish o rama, but I think I'm going to take a trip up to his shop soon.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe he had them made specifically for sale in his shop!

I PROMISE YOU!!!! You will not be disappointed, I will not buy another type of rod ever!! Whenever I need a 6ft, 8ft, 10ft, 12ft, 14ft, or 16ft it will be a Crappie Champions Choice!! The price is GREAT and the sensistivity is uncomparable, and if you ever break just a tip he has those in stock as well, so you don't have to buy the whole rod, you can get just the top half if that is all you need and save a few bucks too!!!
    ><)))*>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast