Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Poverty Point Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Poverty Point Report

Wasn't it a beautiful day Saturday? A little crisp early in the morning but turned out great weather by mid morning. I haven't seen the lake that still in several months. Well, the fishing wasn't great but still pretty decent. People were catching limits of fish but most were running on the small size. My day started out sloppy. Caught 3 catfish and several bar fish before I hung my first crappie. Hung nice 2 Lb. + crappie and got him to the boat and instead of using net I said I'll just grab the line and swing him over. Wrong, he just flopped off. No ones fault but my own. Must practice what you preach. About 9:00 AM my wife calls and says that she was going to meet me and go too. Well she shows up and we make a move to one of my honey holes. The fishing was slow for much of the day. People around us were saying where did the fish all go. we were catching a few here an there but they were running 8 - 10 inch. I finally told her that these fish were on the move so I started trolling around watching the graph. I located a pretty good concentration on fish in an area that most had over looked. We pulled up there and we started catching some nice fish. 1 3/4 lb. plus fish. My wife caught her biggest crappie ever. We had it weighed on certified scales at the marina 3 hours later. It came in at 2 Lbs. 14 ounces. I was as excited for her as she was. We put it in the aquarium at the marina. Well, we ended up with limit of nice fish. Sunday, was a different story. With the weather change the fishing changed too. The bite was really slow all day. People were catching a few fish but all small. One point I do want to make is that the biiger fish had better developed eggs than the smalller fish. I think if we have a week or so of warmer weather down here we may have a spawn in the next couple of weeks. Another note on the fish we caught on Saturday, were caught in 7-8 ft water. Makes me wonder if they are staging for the spawn. Hope to have report from some friends that will be off this week. They will be fishing all week. Will ggive update as I get one. Good luck to all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lovetofish
    2 Lbs. 14 ounces.

Whoo thats a slab congratulations to her.
    Its Just Something About That BUMP